Heater coolant pipe mod

dakotanut

Reaction score
Sounds like its gonna be fun doing that. I'm going to get the correct part and replace it.

rocky61201

forum member
Reaction score
Sounds like its gonna be fun doing that. I'm going to get the correct part and replace it.
I have a brand new coolant pipe assembly. Bought it off rockauto and I never put it on. I bought it just in case the splicing method didn't work out. If you're in Southern California area I'll practically give it away if you can pick it up.

Trust me you don't need it unless you are really bad with a hack saw or cut off wheel. Splicing in the heater hoses and worm clamps is super easy. Hardest part of the repair for me was popping off the stubborn fuel rails. Last thing I remember, when you see how bad your CMCV plates are coated with carbon and gunk you will want to take the time and soak them and clean them up. So buy what you need to get that done while they are off.

rocky61201

forum member
Reaction score
I didn't plan for it before and needed to get everything back together and driveable. Believe me, the next time the intake manifold has to come off, the delete plates will be there waiting to go on along with a new modified tune to upload.

Back