Help needed!! (dry nitrous kit)

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
I don't have a link for an install or anyone running it on a 3v. If you have questions about the kit, try calling JMS. They will explain what you need for your setup and how it will work etc. I'm not aware of any other dry kit for the 3V. There is a video on youtube of it on a v6 stang. I will be using this kit myself, but will be switching to a 15lb bottle.

Make it happen, man.
I'm in for the results.

8306gt

forum member
Reaction score
I have the nitrous express dry kit on my car and it works just fine. I have separate tune for it which is really quite simple, 100 shot is X percent (in my case roughly 13 %) of my total horsepower so that amount of fuel is added to the tune (I have 15% added). Mine is rarely used as I also have 20 plus pounds of boost for daily driving. It is true that you wouldn't want to drive around every day with the N2O tune in the car as it would be rich at wot and would be far from optimal, but it will work fine with a separate tune for the track assuming you have enough pump and injector to cover the necessary enrichment.

Swarzkopf

forum member
Reaction score
Make it happen, man.
I'm in for the results.

This. Either:

- They'll get a dry nitrous tune and get sick of having to spray every time they merge into traffic at WOT or having no nitrous and running like shit when WOT or sick of constantly changing tunes etc

or

- BOOM

In for the LOLs either way at this point too.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have the nitrous express dry kit on my car and it works just fine. I have separate tune for it which is really quite simple, 100 shot is X percent (in my case roughly 13 %) of my total horsepower so that amount of fuel is added to the tune (I have 15% added). Mine is rarely used as I also have 20 plus pounds of boost for daily driving. It is true that you wouldn't want to drive around every day with the N2O tune in the car as it would be rich at wot and would be far from optimal, but it will work fine with a separate tune for the track assuming you have enough pump and injector to cover the necessary enrichment.

And that's exactly the point everyone is making. :beerchug2:

AaronC11

Reaction score
That is the kit. It will work for the 3v. I have talked to them about it. It will work for any late model efi according to them. It needs to be customized for the car it's being installed on.

AutoXRacer

forum member
Reaction score
That is the kit. It will work for the 3v. I have talked to them about it. It will work for any late model efi according to them. It needs to be customized for the car it's being installed on.

Start a build thread...we want to see the install and gains!!

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Yep this is the only way I could see using a dry kit. You have a second N20 tune, and you load it in before your passes at the track. Plus for 8306gt, I bet he is using it for much cooler IATs.

Just put the dry kit up for sale, sell it, and buy a wet kit. Especially if you have to upgrade injectors--because if you do it will actually be more expensive that way. Plus with the wet kit (as long as you have enough fuel pump), you can work your way up to a much larger hit then the typical 100 shot dry kit.

sportinawoody

!@#$%^&*(
Reaction score
Still researching..... Found some threads on running the dry shot pre maf to trick the ecu to dump more fuel. They say it works but can't go over a 75 shot. Is this possible with our cars?
yes but you need to go to a 200 shot pre maf. :hi:

stay away from dry systems
200 dry shot on stock explorer gt40p motors FTW! those things run like a raped ape

Last edited:

07 procharger

Addicted to modding
Reaction score
I run on my N20 tune all the time. Its a 200 direct wet shot. I realize im leaving power on the table but the car still responds fine on the tune. My tune is fat as well, I see 10.9 while spraying on the top end.

I dont know how much timing is pulled but I do plan on leaning it out a bit this year.

I have talk to lots of people about Nitrous over the years. Everyone of them has NOT recomended a dry set up. I never bothered to get into why very deep.. just seems like they are harder to set up and are more finiky.

My 2c

AaronC11

Reaction score
Ok, after looking into it, I'm going to admit I was wrong. My interpretation of how the controller worked was wrong, and you guys were right. I'm a stand up guy, and I don't like misinformation being posted anymore than you guys, so I want to clear it up for anyone following this thread. My interpretation from conversations and reading was that the nitrous tune was active only when the controller was plugged in or "armed", and the rpm window and full throttle conditions were met. This would be similar to how the old flip chips worked and could be wired to toggle to automatically select the tune for NA or nitrous. Obviously I now realize this isn't going to be the case. This kit still intrigues me but I will map out the logistics some more.

06silverbullet

forum member
Reaction score
dude simply put, sell your kit, buy a quality nx or hsw kit install it. take it to a reputable dyno tuner and have it tuned on the dyno and walk away a happy customer. thats your "mapping of logistics"

AaronC11

Reaction score
I haven't purchased the JMS kit yet. I will not run a nozzle or plate near the TB type WET system. I have done so in the past (nitrous works TB plate and a NX nozzle, and NOS Dry) and I had 3 backfires in 3 years with the wet kits. They blew my air filter out, bent my throttle body blade like a taco and motor instantly redlined and had to turn it off. The damage was easy and cheap to fix but with a plastic manifold blowing into 1000 pieces and destroying my hood in this car won't be an option. It'd have to be a direct port wet or dry only for me. Those are my personal preferences or I'll just go another route

07 procharger

Addicted to modding
Reaction score
I ran a fogger in my CAI for 4 years and jetted from a 50 shot up to a 175 shot. Never had one back fire.

It's all in your window. As I moved up my jetting I moved up my window. I haven't seen anyone or heard of anyone exploding these intakes yet. But it's worth a google now I guess

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back