Help with a timing issue

McLovin

forum member
Reaction score
Hey fellas need some opinions on what to do.

I had a tune done by Jon Lund and everything seems to be working great except for when I go WOT. Jon is telling me based on.my data logs that when at Idle or cruising speed, everything is great, but going WOT shows the computer pulling 6 degrees of timing.

Jon told me it's most likely bad gas or loose exhaust. I found a station that sold 100 Octane Sunoco (unleaded and oxygenated) so I ran a tank of that and had the same issue. I also had an exhaust shop cut put my resonators and make sure the exhaust and axle backs (borla s type) were all good and tight.

Jon is telling me to look at Spark Plugs or Knock Sensors now. I currently have 26k miles on the car and just thought it would be weird the plugs could be bad.

Anyway I am all about second opinions and just wanted to see what y'all thought.

McLovin

forum member
Reaction score
Sorry. 2012 GT with Axelbacks, Resonator deletes, and now this tune.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Hey fellas need some opinions on what to do.

I had a tune done by Jon Lund and everything seems to be working great except for when I go WOT. Jon is telling me based on.my data logs that when at Idle or cruising speed, everything is great, but going WOT shows the computer pulling 6 degrees of timing.

Jon told me it's most likely bad gas or loose exhaust. I found a station that sold 100 Octane Sunoco (unleaded and oxygenated) so I ran a tank of that and had the same issue. I also had an exhaust shop cut put my resonators and make sure the exhaust and axle backs (borla s type) were all good and tight.

Jon is telling me to look at Spark Plugs or Knock Sensors now. I currently have 26k miles on the car and just thought it would be weird the plugs could be bad.

Anyway I am all about second opinions and just wanted to see what y'all thought.

Can you post a wot datalog? Or take a screen shot of a pull and post it? What is the spark when you go wot, what does it go down to, and where does it end up at the end of the pull?

It could be something as simple as the load change causing a different table to be used at wot. This is normal. Have you logged spark source?

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Have you ever pulled the spark plugs and looked at them? My new car has always taken about 7-8 cranks before it fires off and in the last month it's backfired twice on me. No codes but I'm planning on pulling the plugs to double check gaps and look for any unusual coloring.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back