hid kits

luckychance

forum member
Reaction score
a little late to the party but +1 for ddmtuning, no issues in 2 years and they have stores here in san diego where you can actually go in and get customer service..yeah real customer service.

Grabber5.sl0w

forum member
Reaction score
Installed my HID kits from DDM Tuning today. Took about 2 weeks to get here since it came straight from China.

Took about 2 hours total to install since the CS Fogs were a pain in the ass, but the headlights only took about 20 minutes.

Some pics,

CS Projector Fogs
IMG_0566.jpg

IMG_0572.jpg

Headlights w/ CS Fogs
IMG_0573.jpg

IMG_0575.jpg

Headlights w/o CS Fogs
IMG_0579.jpg

RideThePony14

Reaction score
ordered some 6000k hid fogs a few days ago, still waiting for shipping info...

Grabber5.sl0w

forum member
Reaction score
^^
7638243918_663bb1c28bv2.jpg

What I circled in red connect to each other.
The 2 wires I circled in Green is what you plug into your head light harness,
this piece:
hid-beam-kit-for-0509-06.jpg

Atleast that's how I did mine.

Last edited:

Ssiptang

forum member
Reaction score
^^
7638243918_663bb1c28bv2.jpg

What I circled in red connect to each other.
The 2 wires I circled in Green is what you plug into your head light harness,
this piece:
hid-beam-kit-for-0509-06.jpg

Thanks a lot!! man..I almost blew up that thing lol
One question, there are three holes on the headlight harness, which two do I plug in?

Grabber5.sl0w

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks a lot!! man..I almost blew up that thing lol
One question, there are three holes on the headlight harness, which two do I plug in?

I couldn't tell you since I'm at work, I just troubleshooted each hole. It's either the far right 2, or the far left 2. If they still don't turn on, fiddle around with your connections and flip them around.

Mike K

WANNA BE FAST
Reaction score
I also have the ddm kit. No problems here. I have tinted lights so I went with the 5k 55w kit. The hi beams suck but in all honesty I don't even need them.

Ssiptang

forum member
Reaction score
Man...I'm so close to throwing this shit against the wall...
HID buld will NOT go into the headlight and lock..
I broke the two taps on the buld trying to twist it but this thing just won't go in all the way in to turn and lock

Mike K

WANNA BE FAST
Reaction score
Sorry to hear man. Did you put it next to the stocker to make sure its the right one?

Grabber5.sl0w

forum member
Reaction score
Man...I'm so close to throwing this shit against the wall...
HID buld will NOT go into the headlight and lock..
I broke the two taps on the buld trying to twist it but this thing just won't go in all the way in to turn and lock

Mine had the same problem, I clipped the 2 clips on the sides. And twisted it as hard as I can by the wire till it locked. It definitely fucks your hand over.

Ssiptang

forum member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear man. Did you put it next to the stocker to make sure its the right one?

I pulled the red rubber rings out of headlights and now it fits.

Mine had the same problem, I clipped the 2 clips on the sides. And twisted it as hard as I can by the wire till it locked. It definitely fucks your hand over.

Now that I got this thing put in, I ran into another problem
metal connectors on the wires won't fit in to headlight harness because the connectors are too big. Did you have same problem?

20120724_145640 by DannyDoo, on Flickr

Grabber5.sl0w

forum member
Reaction score
I pulled the red rubber rings out of headlights and now it fits.

Now that I got this thing put in, I ran into another problem
metal connectors on the wires won't fit in to headlight harness because the connectors are too big. Did you have same problem?

20120724_145640 by DannyDoo, on Flickr

Yep, You can either grind down the metal pieces OR you can do what I did and use scissors to trim it right down the middle of the metal. I cut it an an angle so it looked like this " |/ " if that makes sense lol.

I also covered it very conservatively with electrical tape when I was done.

Last edited:

Lupo222

forum member
Reaction score
$44 for a quality HID kit?? Do you need to have HIDd already or is it a kit for going from halogen?? An ate they universal?? I might get a set for me and my wife!!

acrophobia13

eat. sleep. drive.
Reaction score
OP: I have my HID's from SDMustangAccessories (supporting vendor here) and they've given me ZERO problems in 2 years. Never replaced a bulb or ballast.
On the other hand, my buddy has a FleaBay knockoff kit on his Charger and he;s replaced the left bulb twice and the right bulb 3 times.

$44 for a quality HID kit?? Do you need to have HIDd already or is it a kit for going from halogen?? An ate they universal?? I might get a set for me and my wife!!
If you're going halogen to HID, look up the bulb # (Sylvania's website) and then choose a kit with that size bulb and the appropriate wattage ballast.
If you have stock HIDs, you're going to need special bulbs (since the ballasts are built into the bulb). They are significantly more expensive than upgrading halogen to HID.

Last edited:

Ssiptang

forum member
Reaction score
Man...I don't recommend this kit at all..
I finally got everythings in working order but the build quality was absolute crap and the fact that you have to hack things up to make it work is almost not worth it.
I'd spend little more and get something quality and direct fit.
I hope it lasts long.

20120724_161658 by DannyDoo, on Flickr

20120724_161626 by DannyDoo, on Flickr

Grabber5.sl0w

forum member
Reaction score
Man...I don't recommend this kit at all..
I finally got everythings in working order but the build quality was absolute crap and the fact that you have to hack things up to make it work is almost not worth it.
I'd spend little more and get something quality and direct fit.
I hope it lasts long.

20120724_161658 by DannyDoo, on Flickr

20120724_161626 by DannyDoo, on Flickr

It's kinda the best we can get for just regular headlamps. I've bought HIDs from 3 different vendors and so far DDM has been the easiest. But glad to see you finally got it to work!

Ssiptang

forum member
Reaction score
It's kinda the best we can get for just regular headlamps. I've bought HIDs from 3 different vendors and so far DDM has been the easiest. But glad to see you finally got it to work!

I really appreicate your help. It worked out at the end and it looks bad ass :)
I'm thinking about buying a set of used headlights on ebay and attemp retrofit it while my DDM kit lasts.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back