Hood Painting Cost

Laga

Reaction score
Just ordered the hood and having them paint it. Cervinis said they're running about 5-6 weeks, so we'll see.
They lied. They have always lied. They told me 5-6 weeks, and it took 12. Check other forums and you will find the same thing. I was very happy with the hood when it finally did show up. You will not see your hood until Memorial Day. I hope I’m wrong.
When it does arrive, have someone film you unloading the hood from the truck and open up box while driver is still there. Especially if box is damaged. You want as much evidence as possible. My box was so beat up, it was a miracle the hood was not damaged.

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Appreciate that. Not in a hurry, so it can take as long as it takes. And yes, I talked to Cervinis and they were adamant not to accept the shipment until it had been opened, fully inspected and I am satisfied.

Logan541

Reaction score
Cervinis took a year 8 months to get me a styling bar. Got tonneau covers took a month when they arrived they were full of bubbles and air pockets they sent a new set it took 4 months

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
I dont recall any wait time w/my Heat Extractor hood. Shop ordered it, I dropped off the car and had it back in 2 weeks IIRC. Had both bumper covers replaced and hood put on. That was 3 years ago.

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I wasn't expecting that. As a matter of fact, I was out of the country when I got an email stating it was shipped and would arrive before I got back. That freaked me out. Fortunately it was scheduled for today (Tuesday) and we returned last Saturday.

Forty61

forum member
Reaction score
Hard to tell on my phone but looks like a good paint match, I love the look of it, I have the same hood on my car.

DieHarder

Reaction score
The tone of the hood is slightly brighter than the fenders. Over time it may darken a little for a better match. Had the same issue with my sons car (in grabber orange) where a reputable shop that does great paint couldn't match the OEM color/tone. Maybe I've just gotten used to it but over the last year it seems to match better than it did when we first got it back from the painter. The tone difference can often be traced to the color/tone of the primer. Each car/year uses a specific color/tone of primer. Didn't know that until my painter pointed it out to me and demonstrated it. He says many of the paints out there are somewhat transparent and hence the need to use the specific color/tone/formulation of primer and color called for by the manufacturer. Some may scoff at what he says but each time he paints or touches up any of my cars the color match is perfect so I can't argue with the results.

Aerofinz

Reaction score
...He says many of the paints out there are somewhat transparent and hence the need to use the specific color/tone/formulation of primer and color called for by the manufacturer...

I've gone as far as to spray several varying colors of primer/sealer on a test panel followed by a practice basecoat to work my way to the best color match, based on the base being "influenced" by the primer/sealer. Particularly silvers, pearls, tri's. Rather that than the cost of time/materials to blend. Of course this is of no help painting parts without the vehicle for reference.

DieHarder

Reaction score
Agreed. The closest you'll get (without the car) is probably being able to get orig primer/paint but I understand there are a ton of other factors that must be considered. I've been airbrushing for over 40 years so I like to think I know a little about color/tone and can lay down good paint but unfortunately know next to nothing about all of the nuances that affect the final result when painting a car so I leave that to experts like you.

Laga

Reaction score
How did it go on? Was the fit good? Mine went on almost perfect the first time with only one minor adjustment. Congrats!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back