Horn upgrade ?

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Looking to put a louder horn in my '13.

I'm disappointed with how anemic it sounds and would like something more "fuck you get out of the way", but not quite to the level of "haha I just gave you a heart attack".

Contemplating the 134-139db Stebel/Wolo options, like the Stebel Nautilus or the Wolo 619.
Don't want a tinny sound though, so the Wolo is a front-runner so far.

Also liking the tone of the PIAA 85115 Superior Bass Horn

Does anybody on here have any recommendations or any personal experience with any of them, or others I haven't mentioned yet?

Thanks.

The Wolo 619:

The PIAA:

06JET

forum member
Reaction score
The Wolo sounds like a truck horn from the early 60's and the PIAA sounds like a New York Taxi.
I like the PIAA the best for a car. I think it will stand out as long as you are not in NYC.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
I put two wolo's in a few years ago, with a separate button because it's only for when I really need to get someones attention.

I got the big boy and bad boy I think, one is deeper than the other but together sounds a bit like a train.

Unexplodedcow

Reaction score
I'd thought about the Wolo, but ended up going with a smaller triple air-horn set that is....sufficiently loud, and tucks away nicely in the front end. Invisible, but clearly heard. People don't hear the stock horn where I drive, and I've had air horns on previous cars. It absolutely gets an inattentive driver's attention over their blaring music when they're crossing over a lane, trying to merge into me.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back