How do you not trade up?

Grabber5.sl0w

forum member
Reaction score
Do it! I'm always a fan of change and don't keep things for a long time like some. I don't regret it at all. The S550 is an amazing machine.

22924831263_b1ed2cfb98_k.jpg

23214880625_1356b34a2f_k.jpg

5.ohmygod

Reaction score
Good lord that's a lot of miles for it's age.

Would love to see a year down of the engine to see how it has held up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It definitely gets driven, I travel for a living. I'm hoping to be able to afford a built motor and turbos in a couple of years. I may tear this one down and check it out when I pull it out. So far though, it uses a quart of oil every 8,000 miles, but it's always done that and I think it's probably mostly pcv. The engine is still strong, and has only even had one new set of plugs in its life. The rev limiter is set at 7400, and it gets bumped from time to time.

obsrt86

forum member
Reaction score
Do it! I'm always a fan of change and don't keep things for a long time like some. I don't regret it at all. The S550 is an amazing machine.

22924831263_b1ed2cfb98_k.jpg

23214880625_1356b34a2f_k.jpg

Damn. Your car looks sick. I'm not a big fan of the s550, but damn it looks look on bags.

I always have the itch to upgrade. I love the 13-14 Coyotes and once I get the opportunity I'll end up snatching one up. At least trade one of my 06s for one. But in the meantime I'll keep having fun with my 3v's.

Towelie

forum member
Reaction score
I'll never trade my car in, just because it has too much sentimental value to sell it. I have had the car for a while, I've owned it for an entire marriage and divorce, several instances where i had to pick up my shit and move across the country for work, a deployment, and countless other life events. It has always been my escape.

Can it be replaced? you're damn right it can, but it'll never be the same car in my mind. It's an 05 with 86k and its got its little issues like shitty tint and it needs paint but I have no issues saving up to replace/fix those problems over time.

KatoS197

forum member
Reaction score
Something I've always liked about Mustangs - it doesn't really take a whole lot for them to become something really special. It's crazy how such a highly mass produced car can become a unique creation with a few touches.

THE Cody Matthews

Reaction score
Just keep it and buy a new one of your choice! Thats what i did. I bought a 2001 BULLITT back in high school. Dumped 6k into it, payed it off, and put her in the garage. Then bought a 08 GT. And im about to put it in the garage as well and buy a 13-14 5.0 Lol.. I just cant let em go!

Strengthrehab

forum member
Reaction score
It had 23 when he brought it home. He has put .2 miles on it in 3 months.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

05gtowner

forum member
Reaction score
What? Run a slower time with a 15' then he did in his 14'. Still hasn't broken into the eights. I know a lot of guys like that guy. Love having big power and a fast car but rarely if ever utilize all of it. I would rather have something I can drive to the 10/10ths all the time and enjoy the shit out of it then just have something for bragging rights and never use it.

Sonicblue_s197

forum member
Reaction score
I'm in the same situation, my 05 gt has 25k on it and I have about $50k invested in it not including what I paid for it. I've been looking at the s550 or 2014 gt500 I'd like to have either one. My car is paid for but out of the 6 years I've owned it I've only really driven it for 2 years of that, the build has taking up alot of time and shops taking forever with it. It's in the shop now and some days I just wanna sell it and grab a new one that I can finally drive whenever but I'm sure when it came down to it I don't think I could let it go. So I'm hoping to just buy a 2nd mustang hopefully next year weather it's a 16 or a gt500. Just keep the car and add a 2nd one to the lineup if you can afford it and you'll have the best of both worlds that's my plan.

raredesign

forum member
Reaction score
I think it depends what you are in it for. For me, the newness always fades quickly anyway, but I found that modding what I do have is a thrill on its own. If I were to have bought the new S550, in a year or two I would have started itching for more mods, but would have a hefty payment. Instead, I plopped down a ton of cash on the 07 I bought new and have history with. My wife and boy love it and after this build it will scare the crap out of us for years to come. :)...but if not...turn up the boost!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back