How effective is paintless dent removal?

Hatchman

Stangless
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I love PDR. If the paint isn't broken, a good PDR guy can make it disappear. They might have drill a few holes to reach a few places that are unreachable otherwise. But to me, that is better than bondo or cutting off body panels that aren't bolted on.

AbdullaGT500

forum member
Reaction score
Those dents look easily repairable. As long as they're not too deep they're usually 100% repairable. It's all about who does the work, I've seen some that looked as though the car was done, but they made it look like new again. Especially on that color it will be hard to notice that it was repaired. We buy hail damaged cars at our dealership b/c people don't like dealing with them so they're usually cheaper.

Reaction score
Yea, no one is drilling holes in a brand new 2011 mustang gt with less than 10k miles.

My mom is a claim rep for state farm and she was saying they might just total it. This is going to suck.

cm581978

forum member
Reaction score
I'm sort of in the same boat. I live in a heavily shaded area and my car got nailed with falling acorns. Left about 40 or so dents all over my hood, roof and trunk. Good thing is next wk, I get an idea from the PDR if he can do it or not.

Keith113

Reaction score
I just had a small dime size taken out rear quarter panel, and he told me (for the kind of dent I had), which looks like the one you show in the picture.

The best way is that they use glue and then bang it out kind of like the Drill hole methhod. He banged it out until it bubbled out then he very carefully banged it back in and straight.

I also once had my truck done, and that guy just went in behind the panels with some tools and slowly popped the dent out but also he had to tap it back in to get it smooth.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
I had PDR done to my Bullitt on the trunk and on the pass rear quarter panel. They had to drill a hole next to the door lock, but they put a rubber cap over it and it is fine. If the damage is everywhere though I would definitely not do this... it would just look ridiculous. I got lucky with the quarter panel damage and you cannot notice it, but the trunk looks retarted up close... Later I'm going to have it straightened when I fill in the Sirius antennae hole.

KJGT

forum member
Reaction score
I doubt they will total such a new car for hail damage.

We had baseball sized hail here back in april (35K damage to my house) and every car around that was parked outside looks like a golf ball. My neighbors lexus had a couple side windows knocked out and looked like someone beat it up with a sledge hammer. It took three days but the PDR guy did a great job, you cant even tell.

I had a lot ding on mine when it was new and they had to drill a hole in the bottom of the door, I didnt like it but I cant see the hole but the dent bothered the hell out of me. I wouldnt want 20 holes drilled either but I'd rather have that then replacing panels and repainting.

Reaction score
UPDATE: After 3700.00 worth of damage, a new hood, new windshield, and new weather stripping i finally get my baby back tomorrow. I went over there and checked on the progress last week before i left for Ohio and it looked great. All that was needed was the hood(waiting from ford) and the windshield. FYI: i got another running pony windshield directly from ford. Nationwide really stepped up to the plate on this one. I'm pretty excited about getting my car back tomorrow morning. :beer:

Bodam

forum member
Reaction score
I have a couple of small dents in my roof that need repair, so this is good info. Anyone use a good guy in the Houston area?

Reaction score
I have a couple of small dents in my roof that need repair, so this is good info. Anyone use a good guy in the Houston area?
Well, what i was told is most dealerships use the same guy. He will travel and setup appointments to different dealerships. My advice is to take your car to a reputable dealership and have their estimator take a look. If you're claiming it under insurance just call them. If not go to a reputable dealership, but either way you do it that is probably how it will go down. FYI: From what i was told the smaller mom and pop body shops are the ones who utilize the shady practices. This guy who did my car did not drill any holes what so ever and the inside interior pieces were removed. They had to replace my headliner also.

LOL, this was funny. They replaced my hood and the replacement hood from ford was 1400 dollars. Hell, i would have taken a CJ hood for that if i would have known, LOL. UPPPPPPGRADE!

cm581978

forum member
Reaction score
Just got my car back on Friday and it looks amazing. Brief summary- My property has plenty of oak trees and unfortunately I do not have a garage. My car was hit with acorns and nuts from these trees and caused close to 30 dents all over the car and resulted in $1300 in damage. Basically, the car looked like it was hit by hail. PDR miraciously got every single dent out.

swat 79

forum member
Reaction score
Just got my car back on Friday and it looks amazing. Brief summary- My property has plenty of oak trees and unfortunately I do not have a garage. My car was hit with acorns and nuts from these trees and caused close to 30 dents all over the car and resulted in $1300 in damage. Basically, the car looked like it was hit by hail. PDR miraciously got every single dent out.

Just saw this....Good to know. Happened to my dad's truck too, nothing ruins a party by acorns falling from trees

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back