How Much Does It Weigh?

CandyRedGT

forum member
Reaction score
Have not been on here in awhile. Anyone know what the weight difference is between the stock 2008 GT engine K member and a BMR...etc???? Already replaced the radiator support with a BMR tubular and deleted my front sway bar. Thanks

I got bored the other night and typed all that info into a spreadsheet. If anyone wants me to add any additional info, send me a PM.
Cool thanks alot!!! Is there a way to print this out??

Last edited by a moderator:

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
Double-click on the zipfile to open it.

Then double-click on the only filename in the zipfile to open that. It's a .xlsx Excel file, meaning that you'll need Excel from Office 2007 or later.

I've got a copy of it that I have just saved back to an earlier version of Excel if you need. I've also got it set up to sort on any of the column headings.

PM me with an email address if you want a copy.

Norm

rcm90

forum member
Reaction score
Anyone know how much the savings would be with a Cf trans tunnel and a CF trunk pan? I believe one company made it... I think the name was Fuck MMR.. they claimed 75lbs but wanted to know if anyone has done this themselfs and got the actual weight.

07graygt

forum member
Reaction score
Took my car to the track last weekend. Weighed in at 3510 with me in it. I'm 180. No ac, removed evap. Light weight lower control arms rear and 1 piece Alu drive shaft.

rcm90

forum member
Reaction score
My car with stock 19's and a half tank of gas weighed in at 3346. That's with a/c, p/s, and full interior.

jcw427

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Weighed my car here two days ago before the disassembly began. Weighed in at 3572 with about 8 gallons of fuel left in. I am curious to see what weighs when it's totally stripped before the cage and paint get done. Going to remove all of the ugly under coat and most sound deadening add ons.
image.jpg

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
Those truck stops let's you weight your car? I've seen the signs but never went in thinking would be like GTFO lol

07graygt

forum member
Reaction score
I'm not a 100% sure. But I know you can roll over with a regular truck and trailer so I don't see why not. You local track doesn't have one? At my track the have one that is free to use. Just drive up get you weight and drive off.

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
I'm going tomorrow, I'll ask and see, I'm pretty they have one just never thought of it.

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yes they let you weigh your car at all the ones I've been to.

s8v4o

forum member
Reaction score
I weighed mine at a truck stop. They are supposed to be accurate to within 10lbs. Mine was 3680 with me in it.

My car with stock 19's and a half tank of gas weighed in at 3346. That's with a/c, p/s, and full interior.

So what did you remove?

rcm90

forum member
Reaction score
I weighed mine at a truck stop. They are supposed to be accurate to within 10lbs. Mine was 3680 with me in it.

So what did you remove?

Not as much as you would think.. It's got full suspension, bmr k member, and qa1 coilovers. Ditched the axle weights, strut tower bar, some of the evap garbage, and dumped the factory exhaust for a 3" stainless kit i made. The battery is about 10lbs lighter than the stock one.

Stock it weighed 3411 when it shipped from the factory to Germany.
It weighed 3401 when it was shipped from Germany back to the states with a 1/4 tank. It's a track pack car with everything minus the glass roof and nav.. So it didn't come with a spare tire, but couldnt believe how light it was.. And I've weighed it too many times on different scales for it to not be accurate. It has a 50.2/49.8 front to rear weight ratio also after the battery relocation and empty a2w intercooler tank.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back