How much have you spent on mods?

How much have you spent on mods on your stang?

• <$1,000

Votes: 13 7.8%
  • $1,000-$4,999

Votes: 39 23.4%
  • $5,000-$9,999

Votes: 37 22.2%
  • $10,000 - $14,999

Votes: 23 13.8%
  • $15,000 - $19,999

Votes: 13 7.8%
  • $20,000+

Votes: 42 25.1%

• Total voters

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Guys, please keep posting. #1. It makes me feel better about the coin I am spending on mine, and #2. Whenever the wifey starts in on me about the coin I am spending on my car, I can pull up this thread and say "hey babe, it could be a whole lot worse!" LOL

TJL442

forum member
Reaction score
I added up what I've spent since I got the car about 6 months ago, that was a huge mistake. Over 8k and still have more to get.
Just ordered some more shit so now its over 9k,

Tim

Last edited:

klaw

forum member
Reaction score
About a brand new GT500 worth (over and above the cost of the car) but its my car, built by me the way I want it! Besides, it was all worth it last summer when a '13 GT500 passed me (as I was cruising along in Mexico) - his plate was '629HP'. He thought he was KOTR - until I drove around him. Sometimes it takes more than cutting a cheque at the dealer to get the job done.

08redgt

forum member
Reaction score
I'm about 5k into my entire build including the window tint. Bought a lot of my parts used to support the blower, beefcake hooked me up on a non cooled tuner kit and cx gave me the front mount for free :D

Phuck Phace

forum member
Reaction score
About a brand new GT500 worth (over and above the cost of the car) but its my car, built by me the way I want it! Besides, it was all worth it last summer when a '13 GT500 passed me (as I was cruising along in Mexico) - his plate was '629HP'. He thought he was KOTR - until I drove around him. Sometimes it takes more than cutting a cheque at the dealer to get the job done.

YES!

downtime!

IAMKONABLUE
Reaction score
I'm above $10k, but below $15k, for now. This time next year will be a completely different story though.

i am ryan

forum member
Reaction score

This is awesome.

:clap:

warpig12354

too slow
Reaction score
I'm about 5k into my entire build including the window tint. Bought a lot of my parts used to support the blower, beefcake hooked me up on a non cooled tuner kit and cx gave me the front mount for free :D

Thanks goodness the window tint was included lol

BigRis

forum member
Reaction score
On the way home the other day I was stressing about the amout of cash I just spent after dropping off the car . My friend said "just forget about it, the parts are already bought and the money is spent. So just focus on how nice your car will be when you pick it up"
I struggle all the time with buyers remorse on everything. There is so many things to spend the money on. I want a boat and RV also but if you think of how many days a year you can actually use either one here in Michigan.
Here is another thing. I had lots of things I wanted to do but put off. Than in 08 I messed my back up big time. Now alot of those things I put off i cant do. Also my wife is a Hospice Nurse. I always just pictured her taking care of 80 year olds in their final days. But in reality alot of people are much much younger. Ask yourself "how much time do I really have? " Not saying blow all your money and hell with tommorow. But dont keep putting off things you really want to do.
Yeah alot of use probably spent way more than we should modding cars but you have to enjoy life while you still can.

warpig12354

too slow
Reaction score
On the way home the other day I was stressing about the amout of cash I just spent after dropping off the car . My friend said "just forget about it, the parts are already bought and the money is spent. So just focus on how nice your car will be when you pick it up"
I struggle all the time with buyers remorse on everything. There is so many things to spend the money on. I want a boat and RV also but if you think of how many days a year you can actually use either one here in Michigan.
Here is another thing. I had lots of things I wanted to do but put off. Than in 08 I messed my back up big time. Now alot of those things I put off i cant do. Also my wife is a Hospice Nurse. I always just pictured her taking care of 80 year olds in their final days. But in reality alot of people are much much younger. Ask yourself "how much time do I really have? " Not saying blow all your money and hell with tommorow. But dont keep putting off things you really want to do.
Yeah alot of use probably spent way more than we should modding cars but you have to enjoy life while you still can.

:thumb:

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
I probably spent about 6-8k on my car with all the exterior mods and performance mods. Luckily I got some pretty good deals on mostly every mod I done through Some people. I was able to recover almost all my performance mods costs once I sold them off so it made me feel a lot better. Car is down to one more payment in a couple of weeks then it's paid off. I really felt like now I can use that extra money towards slowly building it back up and finally supercharging it or buying a turbo kit, BUT now I'm a little more responsible and excited about paying off the last few grand of cc debt I have that I'm not going to spend much more on the car. I do plan on getting some axle backs again since I've been on stock exhaust for a while now. Along with a couple of minor maintenance things planned for next month and I'll be done. I'd much rather save money for a year and half and use that money towards the 2015 if I like it or a gt500.

T

Tomrob88

Where do you people work to be able to afford that much?! I'm in the air force so unless I wait until im in the senior ranks, I cant do much at the moment.

Back