How much is to much for a clutch job?

edyuly

Reaction score
I have been checking out prices for a clutch install. So far i called the dealer and evolution performance the dealer said it would be $1100 and evo said $1300 is this what you guys are paying that seems high to me or should i just tackle the job myself in a weekend? Is it all that difficultto do ? What clutches are you guys using? I have the basic mods, tune, cold air intake, x-pipe, and pulley i take it to the track maybe 4-5 times a year the car has 70K on it and the clutch somes out high but doesnt slip.any help would be appreciated

dustindu4

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
he said clutch job

see my avatar for relevance

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
are those parts and labor?

I just paid $490 for a Spec 3+ and about $400 for the install.

edyuly

Reaction score
only at evo performance will they replace the flywheel the dealer uses stock flywheel

Fastmover

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Where are you at? I assume east coast as your looking at evo.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
IMO...its a bit high....but not outrageous.

LSlayer

forum member
Reaction score
Evo uses those expensive ass centerforce flywheels. Maybe thats why there price is so high if its all inclusive. Laborwise I'd say 4-500 is about right.

terry5357

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
before I had children replacing the clutch cost $35 for the pressure plate, $18 for clutch disc and $12.99 for throw-out bearing. Go back to the house jerk that bitch out of there and replaced in 2-3 hours if you had someone to help hold up the tranny while you stabbed it. That was the basic price for about any car but that was in the early 70's when gas was real and so were the cars.

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
before I had children replacing the clutch cost $35 for the pressure plate, $18 for clutch disc and $12.99 for throw-out bearing. Go back to the house jerk that bitch out of there and replaced in 2-3 hours if you had someone to help hold up the tranny while you stabbed it. That was the basic price for about any car but that was in the early 70's when gas was real and so were the cars.

How did having children increase the price?

tlt05gt

Larry's Transmission
Reaction score
Considering that your paying for a flywheel too it sounds about right. It should be between $350.00 to $400.00 labor.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back