How much nitrous

Graham2

Reaction score
So which plugs do you recommend if the ford one arent good?

The brisk plugs are a exceptional plug in general and have the correct plugs for nitrous or Heavy FI use.

The rr14s they have works great for 150hp or less.

scotty2hottie

Reaction score
The brisk 14s are in my car right now and I've had 100s of lbs of spray through the car.

I got p300 misfire codes since day one with the brisks. On 100,150, and 200. They handle the abuse well and look great after runs.

Something better will come along, u can try to run them until then. But not holding spark at any gap makes we wonder of they are that great. They are non projected and colder which is nice but make sure u have ur handheld ready to clear cels or ride around with the check engine light on.

gtmiller1001

forum member
Reaction score
Graham,

I've been talking to Dave and Jared at LRS and have a your plate kit for my 2011 on the way w/the brisk plugs.

All I have on the car is JLT CAI and O/R H pipe w/a Torq tune. I talked to Paul at Torq ad they are working up a new tune for the nitrous.

I'm only going to spray 50-75...MAYBE 100 at the most. This is just to tide me over until I put the Hellion kit on next year.

That being said, the tune being made is supposed to be fine off of spray but still safe to spray on. I know I'll loose a little power when getting on the throttle without the nitrous running, but that's just what I want right now, ability to drive around and just turn the bottle on and spray at will....SAFELY.

That being said, what do you recommend I gap the new brisk plugs at?

Graham2

Reaction score
The brisk 14s are in my car right now and I've had 100s of lbs of spray through the car.

I got p300 misfire codes since day one with the brisks. On 100,150, and 200. They handle the abuse well and look great after runs.

Something better will come along, u can try to run them until then. But not holding spark at any gap makes we wonder of they are that great. They are non projected and colder which is nice but make sure u have ur handheld ready to clear cels or ride around with the check engine light on.

I am looking into this. We run these on the Hemi cars for quite some time with nothing but stellar results. No codes, no spark blow out, no nothing. I will keep you guys up to date on my findings.

Graham,

I've been talking to Dave and Jared at LRS and have a your plate kit for my 2011 on the way w/the brisk plugs.

All I have on the car is JLT CAI and O/R H pipe w/a Torq tune. I talked to Paul at Torq ad they are working up a new tune for the nitrous.

I'm only going to spray 50-75...MAYBE 100 at the most. This is just to tide me over until I put the Hellion kit on next year.

That being said, the tune being made is supposed to be fine off of spray but still safe to spray on. I know I'll loose a little power when getting on the throttle without the nitrous running, but that's just what I want right now, ability to drive around and just turn the bottle on and spray at will....SAFELY.

That being said, what do you recommend I gap the new brisk plugs at?

You can always get with us directly also if you need tech help. The guys at LRS do a great job tho.

We will see how long you last before putting the big jets in. :thumb:

gtmiller1001

forum member
Reaction score
I am looking into this. We run these on the Hemi cars for quite some time with nothing but stellar results. No codes, no spark blow out, no nothing. I will keep you guys up to date on my findings.

You can always get with us directly also if you need tech help. The guys at LRS do a great job tho.

We will see how long you last before putting the big jets in. :thumb:

Haha, hopefully until bonus time (early next year) and the Hellion kit goes on!

How much do you think I could spray SAFELY on the stock motor and be OK? It is a daily right now but I'm moving to Houston soon and refuse to drive this thing downtown every day so I'm gonna pick up a cheap daily then.

I'm SURE I'll be calling you guys direct for more advice during install Friday, talked to Dave already a few times and he is extremely helpful and patient! Same goes for Jarrod at LRS.

gtmiller1001

forum member
Reaction score
I guess my main fear is the #8 shit. That being said though, I didn't buy the car to leave it stock and I know you gotta pay to play. I just want to keep it fairly conservative for the time being.

Graham2

Reaction score
While you can spray more, limit it at 125hp just to be safe.

These are a new platform to us as well so I am still looking over tuning options, getting a feel for stock components, and working on the plug options.

I actually just got off the phone with Brandon@NGK. They are looking at making some correct plugs. Hopefully by the end of this year we will have some other options. I think part of the issue maybe the plug reach on the Brisks. I am going to try and grab a stock 5.0 plug soon and I will continue to look into better options for you guys.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
The brisk plug you want is the RR14S gapped to .035 if youre shooting 100-125 shot.

351inside

forum member
Reaction score
What pill size do u need for a 125 shot? The kit only has pills for 50, 100, 150, 200
how much would they cost
While you can spray more, limit it at 125hp just to be safe.

These are a new platform to us as well so I am still looking over tuning options, getting a feel for stock components, and working on the plug options.

I actually just got off the phone with Brandon@NGK. They are looking at making some correct plugs. Hopefully by the end of this year we will have some other options. I think part of the issue maybe the plug reach on the Brisks. I am going to try and grab a stock 5.0 plug soon and I will continue to look into better options for you guys.

Graham2

Reaction score
You do have the plate system and stock fuel pressure correct?

Jets are 5$ a piece.

Last edited:

KungFuHamster

forum member
Reaction score

Jets are 5$ a piece.
since this is a plate kit, the chances of fuel puddling in the intake is greatly reduced is that correct?

i remember in the 2V days almost everyone who had a wet kit blew their intake at least once. but then again, we werent running window switches.

what exactly is the benefits of the plate kit over the nozzle wet kits? better nitrous/fuel distibution? i would assume they would almost be the same considering they introduce both components in front of the throttle body.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
since this is a plate kit, the chances of fuel puddling in the intake is greatly reduced is that correct?

i remember in the 2V days almost everyone who had a wet kit blew their intake at least once. but then again, we werent running window switches.

what exactly is the benefits of the plate kit over the nozzle wet kits? better nitrous/fuel distibution? i would assume they would almost be the same considering they introduce both components in front of the throttle body.

better distribution.

Graham2

Reaction score

Fuel does not really "Puddle". The fuel is propelled by 900psi nitrous and then carried by the airflow which is moving extremely fast once in a plenum.Certain intakes are more prone to low rpm backfire's due to design, the 2v being one of them. Most cars being overly rich does not help this either. This is handled with proper distribution, tune up's, and activation RPM.

Not all plates are created equally, while most nozzles are on a fairly level playing field. The design on plates very by a much wider margin. I say this because our EFI plates are one of the things that we have a lot of pride in both the design and performance in. A good plate should be able to distribute a fairly high amount of nitrous without too much issue evenly over the cylinders. We have hit 400hp with a plate through similar style intakes. This is not something I recommend but it does show what a good design is capable of.

Plates go behind the throttle body. But if you are reading the plugs and spraying over 100hp, you will quickly see where the nozzle starts to hit certain cylinders more. Plugs are what tell the story of a nitrous tune and the distribution of the system.

351inside

forum member
Reaction score

Jets are 5$ a piece.

Yes stock fuel system, stock pressure i guess, someone told me to run the 45psi pressure jets. I do have your plate system.

Could you tell me which jets i need to run the 125 and where can i order

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back