How much to ask for a lightly used built Longblock

Saleen S281

forum member
Reaction score
Btw OP, you've just about built exactly what I need in my Saleen, I'm maxed out on the stock bottom end with my single turbo. I'm right at the Tx/La line too...

05mustang_TT_charged

Because Race Car!!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I will make a for sale thread when I get back from offshore. I do not have updated pictures with my screen name and the date to make the thread. So by the end of next week a thread will be put up with all the needed info to satisfy the rules for posting in the classifieds.

05mustang_TT_charged

Because Race Car!!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Nothing against them. I just prefer the Kenne Bell. I started out back in early 2005 with a 2.6S, then upgraded to a 2.6H on 302 stroker motor, now looking for biggest they have to offer for another motor.

I've talked to Dustin many times at Whipple and know they have a good supercharger. I also have a good relationship with Jim at Kenne Bell. I am just partial to the look of the KB and know they stand behind their products 100%. Not that Whipple doesn't do that for theirs.

To sum it up, personal preference for already having owned multiple other products from them. I went with a Whipple on a Lightning though and had great success with it.

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
Nothing against them. I just prefer the Kenne Bell. I started out back in early 2005 with a 2.6S, then upgraded to a 2.6H on 302 stroker motor, now looking for biggest they have to offer for another motor.

I've talked to Dustin many times at Whipple and know they have a good supercharger. I also have a good relationship with Jim at Kenne Bell. I am just partial to the look of the KB and know they stand behind their products 100%. Not that Whipple doesn't do that for theirs.

To sum it up, personal preference for already having owned multiple other products from them. I went with a Whipple on a Lightning though and had great success with it.

Flip side is.... IF you used the DOB R spec manifold, then you could easily stuff either the 4.0 or 4.5L whipple blower on it. Ok, then you don't have to sell the eng..and start all over again, stuffing a 5.4 /5.7 L GT-500 eng in there...+ K belle 4.7L blower.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back