How safe is Nitrous on a stock GT?

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
I would spray it out of the hole, which would help your 60`. Just make sure you put it to the Wood at take off. It will help during the hot nights as well.This is if you still have an auto trans.
Maybe later , but with 700+rwhp (no N20) N20 will not be sprayed out of the hole just yet ! By the end of the year.....maybe. It will be on a 4r70w with MVB and TB with Lockup in 3rd . See the sig for my fastest pass , I think I need to ease into this thing a little . LOL

Bkid

forum member
Reaction score
Maybe later , but with 700+rwhp (no N20) N20 will not be sprayed out of the hole just yet ! By the end of the year.....maybe. It will be on a 4r70w with MVB and TB with Lockup in 3rd . See the sig for my fastest pass , I think I need to ease into this thing a little . LOL
Wow I had no idea you had a 700 +hp beast , yea I would not even think about going balls to the wall. That is great , you do not even need any nitrous. It would help keep the motor cooler in the crazy heat. Yes never go all out the first time on anything new. I wish you the best.:beerchug2:

Royski

forum member
Reaction score
Any of you guys run a fuel pressure safety switch with your setups? I got one but the wiring is confusing me a little.

onebadgsx

Reaction score
Mr clean cold fusion fills bottles $4 a pound, and most of the performance shops in houston also do fills.

i use cold fusion bottle opener, it works great. they actually make the zex one so you can get the purple one as well to match.

i have always been told its not good to leave the bottle open if not using it, hence the bottle opener makes a great option.

MrClean

Marc; but I go by MrClean
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Mr clean cold fusion fills bottles $4 a pound, and most of the performance shops in houston also do fills.

i use cold fusion bottle opener, it works great. they actually make the zex one so you can get the purple one as well to match.

i have always been told its not good to leave the bottle open if not using it, hence the bottle opener makes a great option.

Yeah, right now I manually open it before going for a drive, and close it when I get back or to my destination.

Bkid

forum member
Reaction score
Any of you guys run a fuel pressure safety switch with your setups? I got one but the wiring is confusing me a little.
I do not think it would work with the TPS.Not sure of how you could get that to work.

Mustangfreak

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
We should make this thread a sticky!! I've learned a LOT about N2o from this thread alone, and I just bought a kit from this site.

My question is a little off topic, but the Wilson Pro Flow kit says it can do 50-150. When I build my motor, I'll want to spray 150 at the minimum, and possibly 200. Can I use my same kit or do I have to buy a different kit? What do I have to buy to spray 200 with this kit?

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
We should make this thread a sticky!! I've learned a LOT about N2o from this thread alone, and I just bought a kit from this site.

My question is a little off topic, but the Wilson Pro Flow kit says it can do 50-150. When I build my motor, I'll want to spray 150 at the minimum, and possibly 200. Can I use my same kit or do I have to buy a different kit? What do I have to buy to spray 200 with this kit?
200 is one big as shot of N2o!

Blazing Saddles

I'm a "Pro Tree" Hugger
Reaction score
anyone have any track times? say with a mainly bolt-on car with 75/100 shot?

I haven't run the nitrous for a couple of years now. Back then I was running a 12.7 N/A. On a 75 shot I'd run 11.90's, on a 100 shot I'd run 11.6-11.7. If I ran a 75 shot now it would probably get me under an 11.5 and booted from the track. (No rollbar)

MrClean

Marc; but I go by MrClean
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I haven't run the nitrous for a couple of years now. Back then I was running a 12.7 N/A. On a 75 shot I'd run 11.90's, on a 100 shot I'd run 11.6-11.7. If I ran a 75 shot now it would probably get me under an 11.5 and booted from the track. (No rollbar)

"bamachips tune" Lucky bastard! Doug won't make a me a tune for the 125 shot...so I have to run his Perf 87 tune with a 4 degrees retarded (on Chevron 93). Actually, I dynoed it with the Bama Perf 87 and no degrees retarded and had no trouble, but playing it safe...

Blazing Saddles

I'm a "Pro Tree" Hugger
Reaction score
"bamachips tune" Lucky bastard! Doug won't make a me a tune for the 125 shot...so I have to run his Perf 87 tune with a 4 degrees retarded (on Chevron 93). Actually, I dynoed it with the Bama Perf 87 and no degrees retarded and had no trouble, but playing it safe...

When I was spraying I had a custom tune done locally. Since then I've been running Doug's tunes.

Bkid

forum member
Reaction score

You will probably need bigger solenoides.You will need a custom Dyno tune to be safe. Yea I want to get me a motor from Livernoise that is made for spraying large shots. I can see spraying up to a 300 shot.

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
i ran a 13.01 N/A a few weeks ago when i forgot to arm my nitrous switch haha then 3 minutes later hit the 11.46 with the 100 shot.

Bkid

forum member
Reaction score
i ran a 13.01 N/A a few weeks ago when i forgot to arm my nitrous switch haha then 3 minutes later hit the 11.46 with the 100 shot.
Man I have not ran for 4 weeks now just got back from California. I ran a 13.601 last time forgot to arm my nitrous also. I came back and ran a 12.093 at 5600 ft above sea level. I just got my new drag radials thanks 05 Stroker. I know with them on I can do better.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Man I have not ran for 4 weeks now just got back from California. I ran a 13.601 last time forgot to arm my nitrous also. I came back and ran a 12.093 at 5600 ft above sea level. I just got my new drag radials thanks 05 Stroker. I know with them on I can do better.
And good luck on your goals !

Lazy Racer

forum member
Reaction score

Go careful there as the stock intake may not flow well enough for more than a 100 shot without puddling. This is why Doug wont tune over 100. Get a C&L intake:thud:

FWIW, I need an MGW shifter bad, I am binding like an old man with stomach cramp on my 2-3 shift. The Hurst looks nice but sucks IMHO...

chopstix

Nitrous Tech
Reaction score
I do not think it would work with the TPS.Not sure of how you could get that to work.

it will work fine...the FPPS goes inline on the ground side of the nitrous system relay.

Example

SloSVO

Village Idiot
Reaction score
I think the -4* is off of the stock tune...but I'm running 125 on a 87 octane tune...which I'm sure has a bit more timing than the stock tune..

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back