Planning on a Nitrous build, any ideas or tips?

Reaction score
Have 2014 5.0, currently FBO and tuned. My power goal is around 500-550 whp. I know a few people that run nitro, and for my power goals and budget, nitrous seems the best if done right. I'm open to other ways of hitting that power goal, too.

How big of a nitro shot can a 1st gen coyote handle safely? What are some tips and tricks? Any preemptive mods I should do? I plan on also running a flex system in the future, will that be an issue?

larry Stark

Reaction score
I've looked into Nitrous also. Main problem with it is that unlike carburated engines the Mustang intake manifolds are designed to move air, not an air gas/nitrous mixture. Using a throttle body plate configuration the gas/Nitrous mixture has the potential to form droplets and fall out of suspension in the manifold. This can cause uneven distribution of nitrous to different cylinders. In the worst case scenario it can accumulate in the bottom of the intake plenum and possibly result in an intake explosion. The other issue is it is not possible to pull timing from the ignition with the Mustang ECU when you hit the nitrous. If anyone knows how to address these problems please let me know.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You can run 100 shot easily with tune and plug change. Full bolt on car should be over 500 hp already.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back