How to turbocharge your 4.6 for less than $2000

JimC

Reaction score
Pretty pathetic when your life revolves around trolling forums that you have been banned from.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
To add some info for future reference if anyone hits upon this thread:

I took this off another board about BOVs

An individual had contacted me via email stating that his 'TiAL' bov had broken and pieces got into his intake and almost made it to the engine, one piece wedged itself in between the manifold and an intake valve, causing damage to the seat requiring him to replace the manifold/have machine work done...the images he sent me were not the best and it did look real from the blurry images - but when he stopped by the shop (local guy) it was obvious what it was...this failure could have been especially catastrophic for 2 valve V8 guys with much larger intake valves :smt103

IM4.jpg

IM3.jpg

IM2.jpg

IM1.jpg

IM5.jpg

Here are images i took after he had dropped it off

bov1.jpg

bov2.jpg

bov3.jpg

bov4.jpg

bov5.jpg

asked if such a failure can happen with TiAL BOVs
no for a few reasons:
we make that valve head out of billet - the knockoff is actually cast - so we have a much tighter grain structure from the get go

our design is slightly different - we aren't on a budget of selling ours for $38 wholesale (which is what the knockoffs are bought for)

We don't have that nut piece that you see in the other intake port

there are also a couple other fail safes we have built in that I can't mention but prevent this from happening
001.gif

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thats not a tial bov its a knockoff! I can tell right away by the design and plue paint vice a real tial that is billet aluminum and anodized blue and laser etched logo on it. And yes thats what can happen when you use a $30 knockoff bov with inferior materials and engineering.

Nice post Dave!

Last edited:

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Exactly, that thread title was "Why not to buy a TiAL knock off BOV"

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Haha nice.

Here is a real deal tial lol

You def get what you pay for when it comes to this stuff!

TIL-BOV-007_450.jpg

And another common ebay knockoff, the difference is clear.

DSC00253.jpg

Last edited:

Kadorja

FNG
Reaction score
*start sarcasm*

But guys its alright the valves stop the parts from entering the combustion chamber and you can easily fish them out later. Plus all the metal shavings get sucked into the oil pan and stuck in the filter!

*end sarcasm*

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
*start sarcasm*

But guys its alright the valves stop the parts from entering the combustion chamber and you can easily fish them out later. Plus all the metal shavings get sucked into the oil pan and stuck in the filter!

*end sarcasm*

Hahaa!

Stage1

forum member
Reaction score
Everyone's entitled to an opinion, but it shoud be based on facts. I use to work on Dodge Vipers, I had this Kid that owned one and had someone install propane as a power adder.. Guess what happend BOOM the motor went on a DYNO.. The guy who Installed the kit also Dynoed the car.. He brought the car to me to fix, I asked him where he had seen someone add propane to a gasoline car for a power adder. He said he got the info off of some forum. Glad for him his father had deep pockets..

Last edited:

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
They do it on diesels with compression ignition, gas car and spark plugs equals boom.

Last edited:

JoshK

Modder AKA Fuel
Reaction score
Yeah, I have seen propane injection used as a power adder on diesels, but on gas engines it is only an alternative fuel source. My pickup runs on propane and I spend all summer hauling propane to big block power units used to run irrigation wells.

thunderstang

forum member
Reaction score
Can you believe this shit. I just sat on my couch and read all 15 pages of this shit and this is how the story ends??? If I clean the language up a damn bit it could be a bed time story for the kids.

Randy_S_14

forum member
Reaction score
Everyone's entitled to an opinion, but it shoud be based on facts. I use to work on Dodge Vipers, I had this Kid that owned one and had someone intall propane as a power adder.. Guess what happend BOOM the motor went on a DYNO.. The guy who Installed the kit also Dynoed the car.. He brought the car to me to fix, I asked him where he had seen someone add propane to a gasoline car for a power adder. He said he got the info off of some forum. Glad for him his father had deep pockets..

memes-untitled8.jpg

Last edited:

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
:roflmao:

Seriously though, let NM back in. He was cool, just a little over-zealous about giving a mod a bad time. :beerdrink:

Too bad that acting that way is a direct violation of Hawgman's Rules.

He had the oportunity to do a Mea Culpa, he chose not to on several occasions. He sealed his own fate. I pinked him first, he denied till the end that he was NM (Cam), we gave him some rope, he hung himself.

Stage1

forum member
Reaction score
In all my years as a Tech, I never seen propane used on a gasoline car.. I was shocked to see it myself.. I wish I could find the pictures... This kid thought he knew it all . Advice is always great, when its the correct information...

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back