I CANT BELIEVE this BS happens in the ford dealer !!! Plug lost in Engine ! !!!!!!!

oman_cobra

Lethal Mustang
Reaction score
:tdown::tdown: FAIL.. to all the stupid ford technicians at the ford dealer in my country....

i brought my car to them for Service, which required changing of spark plugs, the old plugs all were removed with an acceptable level of IQ. except the 1st one, which was little difficult, so the technician decided to use more power, which broke half of it, & went inside my engine, dont know how & where... but this is what they told me....

they will try to use some vacuum thing to suck the broken plug, but if it doesn't come out, they will have to remove the heads, lower the engine, search for the plug & then remove it... :angry1:

i will update you guys what happens, but i need to know, has this happened to anyone here? & what you advice me to do, or suggest to the dealer to come with problem free result, or minimize the problems at least..,how bad can this get ?????

kleistang

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
:tdown::tdown: FAIL.. to all the stupid ford technicians at the ford dealer in my country....

i brought my car to them for Service, which required changing of spark plugs, the old plugs all were removed with an acceptable level of IQ. except the 1st one, which was little difficult, so the technician decided to use more power, which broke half of it, & went inside my engine, dont know how & where... but this is what they told me....

they will try to use some vacuum thing to suck the broken plug, but if it doesn't come out, they will have to remove the heads, lower the engine, search for the plug & then remove it... :angry1:

i will update you guys what happens, but i need to know, has this happened to anyone here? & what you advice me to do, or suggest to the dealer to come with problem free result, or minimize the problems at least..,how bad can this get ?????

tell them to get u a new motor :popcorneat:

EagleStroker

N/A Junkie
Reaction score
Why would they have to lower the motor? Wouldn't it depend on the position of the piston on that cylinder?

Wyld

408 C6
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That is terrible... hope it all works out

oman_cobra

Lethal Mustang
Reaction score
the plug belonged to the first cylinder... & well, it'll be a dream come true to get a new motor... if that will happen, ill order a FRPP & pay the difference...

EagleStroker

N/A Junkie
Reaction score
I had a brain fart, I think they are trying to rip you off. It should be on top of the piston so you would have to remove the head and clean it up.

Born To Run

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Plug

Get a Bora Scope,or a Rigid See Snake from Home Depot $200.00 with the small head (its extra),it will go inside the plug opening & have a look around to be sure it is clear when they are done.Before they start your car that is.Also get them to put in writing what has occurred,date,times,names etc & have everyone sign & witness it.That will make them take notice ASAP.

oman_cobra

Lethal Mustang
Reaction score
I had a brain fart, I think they are trying to rip you off. It should be on top of the piston so you would have to remove the head and clean it up.

lol, they will call me today, & tell me if it requires lowering the motor or just removing it without the hassle...
& i assure the exact brain fart you had came across my mind the instant they told me this BS happened. but i SWEAR to GOD im not giving them a single penny.

oman_cobra

Lethal Mustang
Reaction score
Get a Bora Scope,or a Rigid See Snake from Home Depot $200.00 with the small head (its extra),it will go inside the plug opening & have a look around to be sure it is clear when they are done.Before they start your car that is.Also get them to put in writing what has occurred,date,times,names etc & have everyone sign & witness it.That will make them take notice ASAP.

:idea:Good idea, but i dont think i can find this around here.. i might have to order it online (im in the Middle East).

but that signed statement is ALL what i need now... you never know when they will F*** up again...

FordMotorHEAD

The TIRE PIMP !!!
Reaction score
no im not.. thats not what i have said...

i meant when i said ill pay is the difference...
between a new stock 05 motor vs a new FRPP motor

LOL we both misunderstood each other, what I meant was your not having to pay extra for them taking it apart because of what they did are you ?!?!

oman_cobra

Lethal Mustang
Reaction score
LOL we both misunderstood each other, what I meant was your not having to pay extra for them taking it apart because of what they did are you ?!?!
HELL NO!

i have this instead to them :321:with my pleasure

there are a bunch of good shops & garages that can service my car around here... & i know many long term mustang owners that go to these shops... so to hell with a service that brakes spark plugs

Error404

photographer
Reaction score
It could happen to anyone! When I was installing a new camshaft on my old camaro, I wasn't aware that my crank pulley had a marking on top and bottom (180 degrees) and thought it was only one marking (360 degrees) so I started lashing in the pushrods thinking I was rotating the crank 360 degrees. I don't know how or why, but it suddenly dawned on me that I was only rotating the engine 180 degrees.... I'm glad it dawned on me then, and not when cranking the motor for the first time :-D Not sure what would have happened, but it probably wouldn't have been good.

Bummer to hear about it though :-( Hope it all gets settled!

Last edited:

oman_cobra

Lethal Mustang
Reaction score
just called them & here is what i got (of course they didn't call) anyhow,

half of the plug is stuck in the head, & they will have to lower the motor (this part im not understanding since the head is waaaaay above the engine, just remove the head??!)

& they will change the head gasket.. (they want to charge me for the gasket at least) of course im not paying a dime...
BS

ill go down there & get pictures of the head...

thump_rrr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score

half of the plug is stuck in the head, & they will have to lower the motor (this part im not understanding since the head is waaaaay above the engine, just remove the head??!)

& they will change the head gasket.. (they want to charge me for the gasket at least) of course im not paying a dime...
BS

ill go down there & get pictures of the head...
The head doesn't need to come off.
If half the plug is stuck in the head they need the Rotunda tool and the copy of the TSB.
http://www.justanswer.com/uploads/jmcdo28/2009-01-02_155622_tsb08-07-06.pdf

Watch the video
mms://multimedia.ford.com/seopts/Tech26_250k.wmv

Last edited:

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

How did you just call them at 1:59am? (the timestamp on your post)

oman_cobra

Lethal Mustang
Reaction score
O/P - Which dealership is this?
this is in my Country, Oman (Middle East)

Anyhow, latest updates I went to the service Dep. & gave them the TSB file, (they were very amazed how i could get this kind of info ! Kudos to Thump_rrr)

So they will try to work it out like the file says, & without lowering the motor or removing heads. they said work will take around 4 days.

& ill get that statement ready so they sign what exactly happened.. & to warranty their job for the moment (i must say i wished they would harm the motor more so they get me a new one:bigbeer:)

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back