what motor do i have>?

JC SSP

Reaction score
What's the benefit of the new style coolant cross over?

07 Boss

Reaction score
Pull a spark plug out! If it has a long barrel then it's the older plugs. If they are the "crappy" ones, replace them. Not sure what the issues is.

Miker

Reaction score
This is a little confusing... normally these invoices are broken down to Parts and Labor, this is all inclusive. Could it be possible that this was just for the timing gear/chain etc. replacement and not a factory replacement long block?

I think I am going to take the invoice to the dealership and see if the service writer can enlighten me on what was done. The bill was almost 9K and the long block is listed.
3250 in labor and 5300 in parts.

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
I think I am going to take the invoice to the dealership and see if the service writer can enlighten me on what was done. The bill was almost 9K and the long block is listed.
3250 in labor and 5300 in parts.
That sounds to me like a long block swapped out based on price.
Why Ford would sell it without a timing cover? They must have a good reason.
Why does Ford (used to anyway lol) sell a coyote crate motor with only one exhaust manifold? There must be some reason.

Dino Dino Bambino

I have a red car
Reaction score
What's the benefit of the new style coolant cross over?

It has an integral thermostat housing and you only require two radiator hoses instead of the six that come on the 05-06 with its remote thermostat housing. As a result, a lot of clutter is removed from the front of the engine bay. You could instead use that real estate to mount a turbo. :D

whitmanink

Reaction score
yea i have everything to make it a newer crossover due to the 09 parts,

i do not want to pull a plug incase it breaks,, i have 15 days to throw her in and start her top make sure all is good, the last thing i need is to be pulling a head or sitting over my car for 6 hours with an extractor tool hoping for the best.. im already pushing time waiting for the clutch to come..

but it is no doubt an 05\06 due to the intake cmcv being 2 piece , the coolant crossover being the old 2way style, but for 91k on the block,it looks hopeful

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
So when I bought my car I got very little information since the actual owner had dementia and most records were lost in a fire. I did get a receipt showing a new engine. It was done at the dealership in 2014.

It seems as though the tech tore things down to find a bad tensioner (probably the seal) on the engine in the car. He only replaced what he had to as the chains and guides were fine.

I don't see where the engine was replaced, if it was on an earlier invoice then this indicates a repair to the replacement engine. I guess it's there as a line item but the description of the work doesn't add up.

As for coolant crossover and alternator woes, the best way to fix that is with a department of boost or roush TVS blower system.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back