I need a tune!

mikek2111987

Reaction score
My car (07 4.6) came with an old style Ford Motorsports pro cal, the black box with just a toggle switch and some lights. How the hell do I get tunes on and off this thing? More importantly, is there an internet database of tune sharing so I can get it running good enough to get it on a Dyno?

07gts197

forum member
Reaction score
Im not familiar with it, does it plug into the obd2 port or is it like an old school chip thats connected to the ecu? What mods do you have? You could potentially disconnect it and drive it to a tuner. I doubt anything could be loaded onto it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

06JET

forum member
Reaction score
Lito uses SCT3 or SCT4 and can have it running like a top in no time. No dyno involved. He will just email you back and forth a few times. Most tuners use SCT products.

mikek2111987

Reaction score
Lito uses SCT3 or SCT4 and can have it running like a top in no time. No dyno involved. He will just email you back and forth a few times. Most tuners use SCT products.
I'm actually local to him, so I might even drop by to get it on his wideband. Guess I need a new tuner first

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
My car (07 4.6) came with an old style Ford Motorsports pro cal, the black box with just a toggle switch and some lights. How the hell do I get tunes on and off this thing? More importantly, is there an internet database of tune sharing so I can get it running good enough to get it on a Dyno?

The Ford Racing ProCal tool is a basic canned programmer that cannot share tuning files from an internet database nor can be uploaded from an e-mail file. You're limited to only uploading the basic tuning files that are included with the ProCal device. Also keep in mind that before making the switch to an SCT X3, X4 programmer, you must first return your vehicle back to the factory/stock tune from the Ford Racing ProCal tool which stores your original factory tuning files in the device. If you have the ability and knowledge to datalog? it would be in your best interest to first purchase an SCT X4 programmer and then you'll want to contact Lito who will e-mail a base tune to start out with and then after following his instructions on how to datalog, you e-mail the tuning file with datalog included back to Lito who will then e-mail you a revised tune file taken from the datalog to upload into your car's OBDII port. If everything is spot-on? you're good to go, otherwise, you continue the data logging and tune revision process between you and Lito until everything is finally spot-on within the tune.

Last edited:

mikek2111987

Reaction score
I just put a SCT X4 for sale in the Parts for sale section if you are interested.
I'll let you know, thanks.
The Ford Racing ProCal tool is a basic canned programmer that cannot share tuning files from an internet database nor can be uploaded from an e-mail file. You're limited to only uploading the basic tuning files that are included with the ProCal device. Also keep in mind that before making the switch to an SCT X3, X4 programmer, you must first return your vehicle back to the factory/stock tune from the Ford Racing ProCal tool which stores your original factory tuning files in the device. If you have the ability and knowledge to datalog? it would be in your best interest to first purchase an SCT X4 programmer and then you'll want to contact Lito who will e-mail a base tune to start out with and then after following his instructions on how to datalog, you e-mail the tuning file with datalog included back to Lito who will then e-mail you a revised tune file taken from the datalog to upload into your car's OBDII port. If everything is spot-on? you're good to go, otherwise, you continue the data logging and tune revision process between you and Lito until everything is finally spot-on within the tune.
So I guess I should probably ask who this Lito fella is since I thought I knew

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back