Idea's for Next Mod (09 Grabber Orange GT)

nickk678

forum member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I don't post much here but am on almost everyday poking around. I've bought two cars off two different members off the site as well, most recently from fhlh in summer of 2014. I've been enjoying the car since I drove it back up from Houston to Detroit!

Anyway, my wife and I have basically run out of home improvement projects at this point (until the next house, which is in the near future....) so I've gotten the go ahead to use some of my bonus cash this year on a larger purchase for the car.

On to the fun stuff. I'm going to budget ~$2500 this summer for the car. As far as usage, it's a fun car that only comes out on sunny days - but don't take this as I don't drive it. I take it out in winter as well when there's no snow or salt down. On average, I drive it to work ~2 days per week and then some more on the weekend.
I don't track it, but I've been itching to take it to both the strip and an autox event. As of now though, it's just a fun toy.

I won't bore you with all the details, but basically the car is a Saleen SC'd (w/ Saleen extreme intake) 3.6 pulley making ~6lbs, 433RWHP. Has all the additional bolt ons and suspension parts to go also. Has 30k miles.

The different things I'm throwing around:
1) GT500 front end conversion (+debadge fenders)
2) Cams
3) Air ride (+prep for new wheels & offset)

I'm currently leaning towards the GT500 front end, as the the front of the car could use some paint work anyway. If I were to pick up a set of sticks, my thinking is I'd take the extra cash to start stock piling engine components to build up a short block and maybe turn up the boost in teh future, but I'm undecided at this point. Or, the car is quite quiet at idle with the Magnaflow's (sounds mean at WOT!), so maybe would consider a new muffler set. Last S197 had MBRP's that were mean!

Anyway, let me know what you guys think, or if you have some other ideas. I've been starting to think about different wheel/tires setups also. 19x9.5 275/40 falkens all around just roast through 2nd. Maybe considering getting some bigger meat out back (my last S197 had Nitto DR 305's and hooked much better). If you have some ideas here, fire away!

Last edited:

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
How far can that saleen blower get you? I'd save the money and look for a built short block, throw it under the blower, and get a retune for some serious power. GT500 fuel system is about $800.

nickk678

forum member
Reaction score
Hi 86
Already have the GT500 fuel system and 39lb injectors. Everything is there for power except the rotating assembly + pulley.

sidvicious

forum member
Reaction score
Your car is nice and clean as is. The 07 to 09 GT500 front is my favorite front end of ANY mustang; so obviously I vote for that mod.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
Hi 86
Already have the GT500 fuel system and 39lb injectors. Everything is there for power except the rotating assembly + pulley.

39's will limit you a bit, I know I have 52's and they'll be toast at 600 or so.

I've seen some built shortblocks fly by lately in the classifieds. Good luck!

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Air. Or wheel swap, those look obnoxious on grabber orange.

Last edited:

nickk678

forum member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
Thanks for feedback so far.
Jeremy - I'm open for suggestions on wheels! Seems most GO cars end up with some variation of a bullet wheel or Shelby CS1. I'd like to keep a clean look but still be different. My initial thoughts are something of a Vossen 5 spoke type.

skaarlaj

Probie Former Pink Bus Rider
Reaction score
Get some drag radials if you hit the straight line track!

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
The different things I'm throwing around:
1) GT500 front end conversion (+debadge fenders)
2) Cams
3) Air ride (+prep for new wheels & offset)

Out of the three options listed, I vote GT500 front end.

But I must say, I am really digging your car as it sits. Tastefully modded, and you even have the blower to go with it. :thumb: I say save the bonus money and take a vacation to Mustang Week this summer!

nickk678

forum member
Reaction score
Appreciate all the feedback guys. The more I'm hearing from you guys, the more I'm thinking I'll stick to cosmetic for the time being. Maybe GT500 front, then air ride, then new wheels (over the course of the next couple years). When we do purchase a new house and I have more room, I'd like to take on a bigger project like some of you guys are doing here - a 5.0L or 5.4L swap. Plus, maybe my engine will "break" in the mean time and I'll have no choice but to rebuild the 4.6......

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back