Installing a paxton novi 2200.

Fosters

forum member
Reaction score
I'm in the process of putting mine on... couple of questions:

Found a few hundred pages back the mention of the Moroso oil catch can but no pics; anyone out there who can post some pics of their setup - especially the passenger side, which stock location plugs into the intake where the air is compressed at that level already... would make sense that after the blower they both plug into the intake tube before the blower.... no?

Also I've removed and reinstalled the fan like 5 times so far, I cannot get it to NOT touch the pipe immediately after the supercharger discharge.... is there a trick? I've read on page 68 that ~15 pages back there's a way to trim the fan shroud some more, but I couldn't find it...

it may be the 3am that's kicking my butt... Any of you that did this in 8 hours around the phoenix area? Would like to at least check out your car and see how things fit... :)

Last question, it seems in order to fit better and straighter on the passenger side, the washer bottle should be moved outward... anyone done that in any way shape or form? Granted, I live in AZ and could probably get rid of the whole bottle setup...

Last edited:

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
Read this whole thing over the last few days after work. Looking at boosting the car this summer. Shame that it seems like this is a dead thread now. What happened to all the paxton cars around here?

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
Ah maybe they are. Having a real tough time deciding between this and the TVS. One thing I like about the centrifugal design is the intake temps. My 2.6 KB on my old 3v was a nuke so it kind of scared me off PD blowers. I know the TVS doesn't have the same issues that thing did but still. The centri looks inviting. Wish it were cheaper like it used to be but that ship sailed.

Fosters

forum member
Reaction score
Found the answer to my oil catch can questions... on svtp. Gonna post it here for reference for others doing this; basically this is a double vented catch can, oil goes in can, air/pressure goes out the filter. One of these is 66 bucks on amazon as of right now.
Catchcan_zpsfbe860a8.jpg

(pic stolen from other forum, not my setup). Guy claims no fumes/oil under the hood and I have no reason to doubt him, seems like a genius idea. Basically benefits of the breathers and oil can in one.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003C0173E/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

With amazon prime it should be here tomorrow :D

Midnight11

forum member
Reaction score

Here's mine. Made 711/540 with the filter on. 765/550 with it off. I have he wastegate and 3.33 pulley in the mail

Fosters

forum member
Reaction score
Question, anyone tried using a Coolflex hose to replace the upper radiator hose? the 6 piece (3 hose pieces, 2 metal pieces and 1 quick connect) + 382 clamps upper hose is a leak waiting to happen if you ask me :(

D98GT

STREETCAR
Reaction score
Mine hasn't leaked since the install. I guess I could update the thread a little with my setup.

I was lucky enough to build a new shortblock with a cylinder support system. With my overdriven balancer, a 3.47 pulley, and good gas....my car put down just over 800 on Triangle Speed Shops mustang dyno. That dyno has been known to be a heart breaker so we'll see what it does at Tx2k :)

Mystickeith50

forum member
Reaction score
Ah maybe they are. Having a real tough time deciding between this and the TVS. One thing I like about the centrifugal design is the intake temps. My 2.6 KB on my old 3v was a nuke so it kind of scared me off PD blowers. I know the TVS doesn't have the same issues that thing did but still. The centri looks inviting. Wish it were cheaper like it used to be but that ship sailed.

Christ dont compare that kb to a tvs or whipple in intake temps. Ive been down that kb road and they are nuclear reactors.

char259

Wolf Pack Racing
Reaction score
I'm getting this done right now, hoping the T bolt kit I picked up from JPC will be the trick for a lot of the complaints I read

char259

Wolf Pack Racing
Reaction score
I'm working on getting Paxton going. I have reviewed this entire thread, great stuff!!! Question is I'm running 3:73, is that problematic or just a preference for lower gears

Kenaizer

forum member
Reaction score
I'm working on getting Paxton going. I have reviewed this entire thread, great stuff!!! Question is I'm running 3:73, is that problematic or just a preference for lower gears

It won't be a problem, just really aggressive in 1st and 2nd. I got some 3:31s but never put them on.

D98GT

STREETCAR
Reaction score
1105-MMS-1424974300-attachment1-IMG_20150212_143943342_zps75gjgdwy.jpeg~original

Not horrible numbers for me on a mustang dyno.

No e85 here :)

For the ones that don't know my setup:
Novi 2200SL
3.48 pulley
ATI overdriven balancer (jpc waterpump pulley)
Longtubes, open side cutouts on that pull
Filter/intake still in place

Tuned by Daniel at Triangle Speed Shop

Last edited:

D98GT

STREETCAR
Reaction score
It looks like your wastegate is putting in some good work as well. That difference in torque can definitely be felt

fiveoh

forum member
Reaction score
I bought a tial wastegate and had my local shop make the pipe. Cost about half from the tq booster setup lol

What pulley were you on in the before pull? 3.6?

What psi springs do you have in the Wg?

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back