Installing a paxton novi 2200.

Bmr4life

2005 GT
Reaction score
i ran 10.8's outta the gate without a torque converter

Aright, well that's about $1800 saved I'll put towards the Paxton. I still have the PM you sent me about pricing. I'm selling a lot of my RC hobby stuff to make up some of the difference between my car bank account and the cost of admission into FI.

Wnt2gofst

Banned
Reaction score
You don't by any chance know the mph and 60' ?

I went 10.9@129 with my paxton no convertor. 60fts was high 1.7's low 1.8's. Added convertor went 10.60-10.65@131 with 1.5 60fts. All 2400-3800 da. Got a chance to run in 1000 da and went better 1/8 from 6.78@102 to a 6.62@104. Also dropped 60ft to 1.43.

from the famous tapatalk.

Kenaizer

forum member
Reaction score
So I just installed the Paxton on my 2013 Boss. No cutting of the front bumper required. Which is good.

My problem though:

They say the SC is per filled with lubricant from the factory, but recommend checking once you replace the shipping plug with the dipstick. I checked mine and it wasn't registering at all. So I started filling it up with the supplied bottles and checking the level periodically. Still nothing. I have now put in around 7 oz without getting a reading on the dipstick when Paxton states that a full fill is 4. WTF?

jukens

Reaction score
So I just installed the Paxton on my 2013 Boss. No cutting of the front bumper required. Which is good.

My problem though:

They say the SC is per filled with lubricant from the factory, but recommend checking once you replace the shipping plug with the dipstick. I checked mine and it wasn't registering at all. So I started filling it up with the supplied bottles and checking the level periodically. Still nothing. I have now put in around 7 oz without getting a reading on the dipstick when Paxton states that a full fill is 4. WTF?

Pics?

Wnt2gofst

Banned
Reaction score

My problem though:

That's weird. Mine was perfect. I then changed my oil at 8500 miles. And took one bottle to fill. You sure your checking it right.

Kenaizer

forum member
Reaction score

I'll get some up as soon as I get them loaded on to my computer.

That's weird. Mine was perfect. I then changed my oil at 8500 miles. And took one bottle to fill. You sure your checking it right.

Yeah it is really bugging me. I ended up draining it and filling it with 4 oz. I drained a little over 7 oz out so there was less than an ounce in when I got it. I am going to call tomorrow and see what the deal is on why my dipstick is dry

5PointOHNO

forum member
Reaction score
Well, how does it feel?

I was curious how a centri would feel on a Boss. I assumed it's a match made in heaven.... likely second only to turbo.

Kenaizer

forum member
Reaction score
Well, how does it feel?

I was curious how a centri would feel on a Boss. I assumed it's a match made in heaven.... likely second only to turbo.

From what I can feel with the base tune it's pretty scary. I haven't really got on it but a couple times.

When I first fired it up it was idling weird and smelled like sulfur, I just figured it was learning so I let it idle for a few minutes till it threw a code for the #4 coil. Turns out I had broke the connector and it wasn't connected at all!

I fixed that and cleared the code and it seemed to run fine. But it ended up throwing P2196 and P2198 codes so I babied it home even though it seemed to run fine and am parking it till I can talk to a tuner.

Wnt2gofst

Banned
Reaction score
Looking at blower you have the dip stick in the right hole by the TB correct?

Wnt2gofst

Banned
Reaction score
mu9yvage.jpg

The pic I am showing shows where my dipstick is. Where they had it from paxton. Its kinda hard to get to. I had to remove the TB. That is where should be on yours least going off mine.

Last edited:

Kenaizer

forum member
Reaction score
Shit. I was using the one to the left of that. I thought I remembered watching an install video where they used it and the tag made me believe I had the right one. Thanks for clearing that up for me! I'll check it as soon as I get home.

Haha right at full. Man, I feel like an ass. Thanks again!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back