Intake pipe for Vortech supercharger

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hmmm...think I will try this with the Vortech, can't see what it won't work since they use the same intake piping.

After looking at your intake today Greg, and seeing circus boys, its def different. You have a aluminum maf mount section before the short filter and not as much straight on your 180 as it looks like he has, wondering where/how he cut his paxton intake. Im guessing he cut it and swap the placement around, also wheres the maf? It looks like he went blowthru.

Last edited:

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If you look at post 95 he described what he did, he cut the 180 piece in half.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Circus-do you have a boost gauge and if so have you noticed how much boost you increased with this setup?

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yeap i see it now. The trouble is maf location, unless you can work in the stock loaction which means you would proably have to use the smaller filter still.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Agreed....guess that is another advantage the Paxton has over the Vortech, the ability to do a blow thru.

circusboy

forum member
Reaction score
I do have a boost guage, but i haven't finished tuning so I couldn't tell you if i have seen any boost increases. I did convert to a blow threw setup. I also converted the by pass system as well. I had all the stock bypass bungs cut off and welded up. I had a 1-1/4" nipple welded in the s-pipe that goes into the intercooler on the driver side. I installed a vortec mondo by pass valve on the 1-1/4" nipple. As far as the tune goes, we almost have the a/f dialed in. I have next to no timing in the tune so my power is down, but I did make a pull to 6000 RPM and I saw 16.1 PSI boost with the 2.75" pulley. I really need to install some gears lol. the 3.31's aren't cutting it. I think I'm going with some 3.90's. I could really use some headers too lol.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Let me know how the tuning goes and if you see any boost increases..from what I read 1-2 lbs of boost have been seen by people doing the power pipe.

max2000jp

forum member
Reaction score
Sorry to bump an old thread, but I have a question. Has anyone run a 90 degree reducing coupler off the blower into a short tube to connect to the OEM Vortech intake? Seems like that would eliminate the restrictive section of the intake and keep the MAF in the factory position. Thoughts?

mmfp_0703_06_z+2005_ford_mustang_GT+vortech_supercharger.jpg

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Support would be an issue and you would have to drill/tap a hole for the bung where the discharge piping comes into the bottom of the pipe and placing the discharge tube too close to the MAF creates turbulance over the MAF which messes up the MAF counts.

RiskyBiznes05GT

forum member
Reaction score
Just found this thread lol BigRay do you get your car tuned at psi? I believe the car that made 60+damp was mine, when I had an si trim. Putting together a 2200 with return fuel system now.

Last edited:

whoapony

forum member
Reaction score
I was looking at the Anderson power pipe and it's mass air location, if making a similar pipe/DIY do you think a Maf from a c&l intake would work?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back