Is a larger TB needed/worth $ with cams/springs?

chad05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Is a larger TB needed/worth $ with cams/springs?
Im getting Comp Stage III's installed. does anyone know or have any results showing how much, if any, the TB gives with similar cams?

Ive been under the impression that larger TB only beneficial with turbo, sc, or stroker combos.

...lil help!

Thanks for your time

MikeVistaBlue06

Inventor: Asshole Points
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
No.

Been there and done it myself. No gain. Lots of idle issues and little orange wrenches lighting up on the instrument panel!

Hope this helps.

Mike

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
I know that Justin Bercham was supposed to be doing some testing with a GT500 TB and the Metco adapter but I never heard anything about the results. I will call Ron at Metco and find out what happened.

SixtySix

ZonieBaloney
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Here's what Brenspeed had to say about it on their cammed car:

Now that our new cams were helping the GT pump out 340 rwhp we decided it was time to employ the help of the new BBK Twin Blade 62mm throttle body. Usually the stock throttle body is plenty to support a stock engine but considering the new cams responded well to the 95mm C&L Racer intake we couldn’t think of a reason to not try out the BBK throttle body. The install of the BBK throttle body only takes about 25 minutes. With no other change except the addition of the BBK Throttle Body our GT jumped to 347 rwhp and 326 ft. lbs. of torque. Just to confirm the gain we put the stock throttle body back on and power fell back to 340 then reinstalled the BBK to see power jump again to 347 rwhp.

7hp? Not a whole lot, really.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I gained 27rwhp but that was also on a whipple car pushing 16 psi. Doesn't seem worth the trouble n/a.

I will say that some of the time, the error codes people get are because the spring is not clocked correctly. The bbk tb I had didn't throw any codes.

chad05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Saved me some $ and...

Saved me some $ and what sounds like a lotta headache...

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back