Jim C

JimC

Reaction score
I was gonna ask the same thing. IIRC, Rygen made like 278 to the wheels on the 100 shot. I would post the link, but I guess his site is down or something. Jim, are you running the ZEX kit?

I'm using the Zex kit, very easy to install. I have the Zex window switch as well so I can control when the system will read WOT (before the window switch it hit on the line when I was bringing it up to 2000 rpm so I knew it was time for the switch).

Here is the dyno sheet from when Lidio did the dyno tune for my 75 shot

DynotuneresultsAugust1landscape.jpg

Caleb@BamaChips

Reaction score
If you order it off our website it will have a selection for the type of tuner you have.

fullpullprez

forum member
Reaction score
alloy6ix- if it helps you, I am running the zex kit (wet) with 125 jets and my car made 300whp on the dot and 400ftlb on the dot. It was kinda weird seeing exact numbers and that was with 7 degrees of timing pulled so the tune is "as safe as it gets when dealing with nitrous". if you have any questions just let me know! I also have a ton of experience with the fitment of race wheels for these cars because I did some extensive research before I bought mine. I also, if interested, have a set of gt 5 spoke wheels (from the s197, the wheels with the gunmetal tint to them) with some 275/40/17 mickey thompson et street radials that I am never gonna use again because I just got my slicks...they are pretty well worn, say maybe 20% tread left and the wheels are in alright shape as well...would be willing to practically give these to you. If you are interested just pm me and I will shoot you some pics!
big mike
sorry guys...not trying to thread jack, just trying to help a fellow sixxer when I can!

Last edited:

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
alloy6ix- if it helps you, I am running the zex kit (wet) with 125 jets and my car made 300whp on the dot and 400ftlb on the dot. It was kinda weird seeing exact numbers and that was with 7 degrees of timing pulled so the tune is "as safe as it gets when dealing with nitrous". if you have any questions just let me know! I also have a ton of experience with the fitment of race wheels for these cars because I did some extensive research before I bought mine. I also, if interested, have a set of gt 5 spoke wheels (from the s197, the wheels with the gunmetal tint to them) with some 275/40/17 mickey thompson et street radials that I am never gonna use again because I just got my slicks...they are pretty well worn, say maybe 20% tread left and the wheels are in alright shape as well...would be willing to practically give these to you. If you are interested just pm me and I will shoot you some pics!
big mike
sorry guys...not trying to thread jack, just trying to help a fellow sixxer when I can!

oh wow, thanks for the advice man. it's my thread so no problems highjacking. I was hoping more ppl would post their sixxer set-ups, so looks like it's working. :beerchug2: Where are you located? and have you switched out rear ends yet? and what kind of ETs are you running with the 125 shot??:omfg:

j-stang

forum member
Reaction score
i think the best bet for you is to find some tires for your stock 16's. the stock 16's are pretty light weight and there are a few good picks for tires out there. most popular ones are the mickey's like jim has, but hoosier and M&H make good ones too that fit (barely) on the stock wheels. and at these power levels you gonna have more traction than you need.

Caleb@BamaChips

Reaction score
The problem with running 100+ shot out of a single nozzle wet kit is that the nitrousand fuel can puddle up in the intake and that could cause nitrous backfire through the intake and cause some serious damage.

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
i think the best bet for you is to find some tires for your stock 16's. the stock 16's are pretty light weight and there are a few good picks for tires out there. most popular ones are the mickey's like jim has, but hoosier and M&H make good ones too that fit (barely) on the stock wheels. and at these power levels you gonna have more traction than you need.
I'll look at the M&H as well. I'm pretty sure I'll stick with the stock 16s for now, and keep the fanblades for the street.

The problem with running 100+ shot out of a single nozzle wet kit is that the nitrousand fuel can puddle up in the intake and that could cause nitrous backfire through the intake and cause some serious damage.

true, that's why I wouldn't want to run that high of a shot, especially on a v6. but the 100 HP jets of ZEX are rated to the crank aren't they? as opposed to like NX, which is to the wheels. Not sure on this, that's why I'm asking.

JimC

Reaction score

Well with that said, I guess I'll stay with my 75 shot. My wife already is concerned each time I go to the track that I'll blow up the car - the nitrous she said is an exciting addition that terrifies her each time I go (and she said that going to the 100 shot didn't sound like a good idea to her before LOL)

j-stang

forum member
Reaction score
you also gotta look at all the guys that run more than a 100 shot and have never had a problem.

fullpullprez

forum member
Reaction score
well...I'm in Florida, I have not been able to run the car on the nitrous yet because I just got my slicks and I am in the process of installing my window switch so it will probably be about 2 weeks before I get time to get out there...in law school too and that doesn't help anything lol. I did switch rear ends because I broke my 7.5 on the radials...I got the 8.8 from newtakeoff.com with the 4.10s in it. Definitely wakes the car up a ton on top of all of the other bolt ons also. If I could give you any advice about the nitrous...I have been running the 125 shot for a little over a year now or so...its very addicting being that I started with 60 shot pills and ended up where I am now and the only reason I stopped is because its my daily! Its all about the will power though. I spray my car maybe once a month and always make sure everything is clear, lines cleared, right bottle pressure, etc. I am NOT in any way saying that its safe to run nitrous but if you can control yourself with it and have respect for it, then its all good. If you are spraying stop light to stop light you will definitely hurt the longevity of the motor along with the tranny and rear because of the instant torque the car makes with the spray. I have not had a single problem with my car and have probably sprayed it over 60 times (that one day a month I use it 4-5 times). Its just that you have to keep your cool from flippin the switches everytime a GT comes to the light next to you and tries you!!!

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
Question for Bama guys. If I ordered a nitrous tune from you for a 75 shot, then decided to move up to a 100 shot, would I have to pay for an entirely new tune?

And Mike, I just read your post, how many runs did you make on the MT ETs until the rear gave out. I've got T-lok, but stock 3.31s.

fullpullprez

forum member
Reaction score
Question for Bama guys. If I ordered a nitrous tune from you for a 75 shot, then decided to move up to a 100 shot, would I have to pay for an entirely new tune?

And Mike, I just read your post, how many runs did you make on the MT ETs until the rear gave out. I've got T-lok, but stock 3.31s.
I had raced the car a bunch before but it took about 10 really good 5,000 rpm clutch dump launches to break it, I'm sure it would differ car to car but with dead hook traction like that it is only inevitable! Now with my 8.8, I have run it about 30 times with the mickeys and just got the slicks. Launched it a few times on the slicks any so far everything is fine. The 8.8 can just handle so much more than the 7.5.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back