Jim C

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
Hey bro, what tires are you running? and are they on the stock 16's? and 7.5 or 8.8 rear end? I would have PM'd you but that way more of us can get an idea. you're pretty much running the same set up I will, later on this summer. Thanks man. :hi:

JimC

Reaction score
Sorry I missed your thread until now.

At the track I put on a set of Mickey Thompsons on the stock V6 wheel (painted black) in 255-50x16 size.

I have the 7.5 on it at the moment, with a Tlok and 3.73's. But since I broke it last year before the nitrous, I know it is only a matter of time so I have an 8.8 with 3.55's ready to go in sometime in the next month.

I also have the J&M HotPart LCA's and the Shaftmasters aluminum 4" drive shaft.

JimC

Reaction score
For some reason I wasn't able to post pictures on the first reply

IMG_2887_ni.jpg

IMG_2778_ni.jpg

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
Sorry I missed your thread until now.

At the track I put on a set of Mickey Thompsons on the stock V6 wheel (painted black) in 255-50x16 size.

I have the 7.5 on it at the moment, with a Tlok and 3.73's. But since I broke it last year before the nitrous, I know it is only a matter of time so I have an 8.8 with 3.55's ready to go in sometime in the next month.

I also have the J&M HotPart LCA's and the Shaftmasters aluminum 4" drive shaft.

Not a problem man, better late than never. lol. thanks for the info on your set-up. Right now I only have the T-lok, and will later get 4.10s. Where'd you get the 8.8 from? Junkyard, newtakeoff?

Where'd you order the tires from also. I have fanbaldes, and the stock 16's, and both of them suck at the strip with the tires I have on them now that's why I ask. Sorry for all the questions but I'm really looking for tires better than what I've got. haha. :beerchug2: Thanks again bro.

JimC

Reaction score
I picked up my DR's from a friend, but you can find Mickey Thompsons at lots of places - several are on Ebay from places like Discount Tire Direct and MacCormack Racing (which is where mine are actually from) as well.

I have a source for the 8.8 - picked up several for friends. None with 4.10's though from my source.

Deimos

forum member
Reaction score
That GT you are racing has some sweet looking wheels :p

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
I picked up my DR's from a friend, but you can find Mickey Thompsons at lots of places - several are on Ebay from places like Discount Tire Direct and MacCormack Racing (which is where mine are actually from) as well.

I have a source for the 8.8 - picked up several for friends. None with 4.10's though from my source.

Is your car stick or auto? I wanted to make a run with my friends MT/ETs, but scared I'm going to kiss my clutch/ and/or rear-end goodbye. I'll try both of those to see which one has the tire.

and having a source for the 8.8, that's awesome. lol. I need to find some sources like that!! :beerchug2:

JimC

Reaction score
I have an automatic. If you want more information on the 8.8 rear ends that I can source let me know.

And Deimos - that GT does have some nice wheels LOL - and the wheels and tires were brand new that day, first pass on them wasn't it? (I can get those from my source as well)

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
I have an automatic. If you want more information on the 8.8 rear ends that I can source let me know.

And Deimos - that GT does have some nice wheels LOL - and the wheels and tires were brand new that day, first pass on them wasn't it? (I can get those from my source as well)

yeah, can you post here on the info? or PM, whichever, thanks! :beerchug2:

SilverBolt

Its "just" a sixer.
Reaction score
i was thinking about getting a bama tune also cause ima finally buy alberts jlt so i might as well make it worth it right! Let get a bama group buy going lmao!

Caleb@BamaChips

Reaction score
$50 for a single tune $115 for a 3 tune for SCT
$75 for single/ $185 for Predator

we run specials from time to time

Caleb@BamaChips

Reaction score
We only tune for the x-charger kits or 100 shot by mail order tunes. Anything else and off to the dyno

JimC

Reaction score
Caleb, do you do a 100 shot tune for the 4.0? I'm running a 75 shot right now and every once in awhile think about trying out the 100 jets.

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
Caleb, do you do a 100 shot tune for the 4.0? I'm running a 75 shot right now and every once in awhile think about trying out the 100 jets.

I was gonna ask the same thing. IIRC, Rygen made like 278 to the wheels on the 100 shot. I would post the link, but I guess his site is down or something. Jim, are you running the ZEX kit?

Last edited:
Back