JPC Built 9.97 @ 137mph N/A Coyote Specs

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Streetable means you can enjoy driving it on the street, and it's not a hassle.

This has always been a debate. Exactly what is streetable? Your statement above is a great example---because I guarantee you that what you consider a hassle I probably wouldn't. Thats why everyone has a different definition for what a true street car is.

Trav4011

Hoosier Daddy?
Reaction score
To me, a true street car is one that you would daily drive.. with basic creature comforts (A/C/heat, radio, power steering).

1lowtoy

forum member
Reaction score
A true street car is one that will not over heat while driving in stop and go traffic.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
^^^^everyone's definition is different, but I would think not overheating in traffic is definitely a requirement.

I guess my point was some people think a street car is a car you can drive from New York to Los Angeles while having the A//C and 1000 watt radio on.

Others think a street car is a car that can drive to the local cruise spot 5 miles away with no a/c, no radio, and a 5 gallon fuel cell.

Trav4011

Hoosier Daddy?
Reaction score
To me, someone driving a "street car" shouldn't have to sacrifice things that you would find in a daily driver, or that would be yanked out of a "race car" to save weight. Being able to brag that your "street car" runs x.xx 1/4 mile, or xxx mph without being gutted is more of an accomplishment than someone who guts a car out, leaves the factory dash in, and calls it a "street car" because it still kinda looks like one. :)

Travis

tommygodfrey

JPC Sales & Tech
Reaction score
Ok fellas we can end this debate real easy :)

It was never said this is the first 9 second NA Street car full weight Coyote. ( THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN )

This is the first 9 second NA Coyote. This car will not overheat I can gaureentee you that. It doesn't buck at low rpms, it is still a tagged and titled car this is fully streetable and street worthy. I would drive it everyday if I had the cash. But that was not the purpose of this car. Who needs AC & Powersteering ? Not your grandfather or me, but I guess that's where you seperate the men from the boys. :roflmao: Geeez they use to run big heavy cars with drum brakes all the way around and plastic tires :)

Trav4011

Hoosier Daddy?
Reaction score
Ok fellas we can end this debate real easy :)

It was never said this is the first 9 second NA Street car full weight Coyote. ( THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN )

This is the first 9 second NA Coyote. This car will not overheat I can gaureentee you that. It doesn't buck at low rpms, it is still a tagged and titled car this is fully streetable and street worthy. I would drive it everyday if I had the cash. But that was not the purpose of this car. Who needs AC & Powersteering ? Not your grandfather or me, but I guess that's where you seperate the men from the boys. :roflmao: Geeez they use to run big heavy cars with drum brakes all the way around and plastic tires :)

I don't think anyone is bagging on this car in particular.. We were just having a debate about what's considered a street car.

You might not mind going without A/C up there in MD, but try doing that down here in South Louisiana! ;) It's not a matter of being a man, or not.. it's a matter of if you want to show up to work dripping wet with sweat or not. For a daily driven street car, A/C is pretty much a must down here.

tommygodfrey

JPC Sales & Tech
Reaction score
I don't think anyone is bagging on this car in particular.. We were just having a debate about what's considered a street car.

You might not mind going without A/C up there in MD, but try doing that down here in South Louisiana! ;) It's not a matter of being a man, or not.. it's a matter of if you want to show up to work dripping wet with sweat or not. For a daily driven street car, A/C is pretty much a must down here.

The spring thru the summer in MD is pretty much 90-100 deg. 80-100% humidity :)

I've had cars for years with no ac. 60 and 2 windows is good enough, yeap it's hot when you stop but whatev's

I know what your saying about this car but that's the way the thread was being steering for no reason

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back