JPC Built 9.97 @ 137mph N/A Coyote Specs

Trav4011

Hoosier Daddy?
Reaction score
Tommy.. What would I be looking at for a set of heads (provided I send mine in disassembled/guides pushed out, and clean/ready for porting) and the cams used in this car? I plan on just tossing in a set of forged pistons, and keeping the stock rods. I'll rev it to 7500 or so with the Boss intake manifold.

tommygodfrey

JPC Sales & Tech
Reaction score
Tommy.. What would I be looking at for a set of heads (provided I send mine in disassembled/guides pushed out, and clean/ready for porting) and the cams used in this car? I plan on just tossing in a set of forged pistons, and keeping the stock rods. I'll rev it to 7500 or so with the Boss intake manifold.

The heads are listed on our site. If your looking for the cams used in this engine I will work you up a price on them and the heads and shoot you a pm

tommygodfrey

JPC Sales & Tech
Reaction score
Is this by any chance the car Joe Marini was driving this year?
I went up against a red JPC built N/A 5.0 at the May JPC shootout at Capitol and needless to say was completely wasted in the 1/4.

He went 10.99 to my 12.46 on street tires.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHJHEVHlwws

Yeap. That's Joe's car just with Justin driving it on the 9 sec run

TJR

Reaction score
Very impressive! I noticed you guys are running 1 3/4" long tubes and a 2 3/4" x pipe. From what I've seen, it seems that a lot of guys are using 1 7/8" headers and a 3" mid pipe, even on mild bolt-on cars. Is the larger exhaust an overkill on these cars? Is there a power difference between the two setups?

TJ

tommygodfrey

JPC Sales & Tech
Reaction score
Very impressive! I noticed you guys are running 1 3/4" long tubes and a 2 3/4" x pipe. From what I've seen, it seems that a lot of guys are using 1 7/8" headers and a 3" mid pipe, even on mild bolt-on cars. Is the larger exhaust an overkill on these cars? Is there a power difference between the two setups?

TJ

Yes overkill and yes a power difference from what we've seen. The 1 7/8"
and 3" on similar cars shows less power and torque.

CPRsm

forum member
Reaction score
That vid was 1:26 of "This is how you drive the shit out of a car boys." :clap::allhail:

Compstall

Reaction score
Nice build. Question: I've been digging around for a couple nights trying to find some basic heads/cam 5.0's and the power #'s. Anybody got some? Link?

wproctor411

forum member
Reaction score
Yes overkill and yes a power difference from what we've seen. The 1 7/8"
and 3" on similar cars shows less power and torque.

Old school tactics. I went 1-3/4 too which I think helps keep my torque level closer to my HP level 420/400 at the wheels... Youve got a bonafied bad ass N//A car.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back