Just bought these headers for my ST4 Race car..

AHaze

Reaction score
1 3/4 primaries is a bit overkill for a NA 4.6 but I wouldn't sweat that too much. You'll find out if you made a mistake while you're installing them. Generally the issue with no name headers is fit, not function. If they go on without using a torch and BFH, you should be golden.

Dino Dino Bambino

I have a red car
Reaction score

The 1-3/4"primaries and 3" collector are a bit bigger than what you really need but they'll be fine.
When the time comes to install them, use OEM exhaust manifold gaskets and use good quality grade 8 locking bolts in those holes where you won't be able to reuse the original studs/nuts.
Invariably the passenger side header goes on without the hitch but on the driver's side, you may need to "massage" one of the header tubes to clear the steering shaft. Set aside at least a full day to do the job. It isn't technically difficult but it's time consuming. I recommend you get a head start the evening before by removing the battery/battery tray, air intake assembly from airbox to throttle body, and spray down all the header studs (plus those on the flanges) with penetrating fluid. This will make life a lot easier the next day and save you from using a lot of swear words. ;)
If your car still has the original engine mounts, this is the perfect opportunity to replace them.

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
Don't be surprised if there are fitment issues. You get what you pay for when you buy something for1/3 of the price.

Rickybobby

Reaction score
The 1-3/4"primaries and 3" collector are a bit bigger than what you really need but they'll be fine.
When the time comes to install them, use OEM exhaust manifold gaskets and use good quality grade 8 locking bolts in those holes where you won't be able to reuse the original studs/nuts.
Invariably the passenger side header goes on without the hitch but on the driver's side, you may need to "massage" one of the header tubes to clear the steering shaft. Set aside at least a full day to do the job. It isn't technically difficult but it's time consuming. I recommend you get a head start the evening before by removing the battery/battery tray, air intake assembly from airbox to throttle body, and spray down all the header studs (plus those on the flanges) with penetrating fluid. This will make life a lot easier the next day and save you from using a lot of swear words. ;)
If your car still has the original engine mounts, this is the perfect opportunity to replace them.

Thanks buddy!

ghunt81

New parts on old junk!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Those looks like copies of the JBA's, which went in seamlessly for me. So hopefully these ones fit that well.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back