Just got back from PMP's Shop in North Carolina

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well it begins....

I just got home from North Carolina after dropping my car off to Josh and Kevin at Piedmont Modular Performance. Larry hand delivered the engine (along with Jesse's and Matt's) right to the shop .

Saturday we all went Karting. I learned that Larry and Josh are excellent drivers, Kevin is extremely consistent, and i suck ass haha. The highlight of that was the poor sap behind me for 8 laps that i just would not let pass me. whenever he would inch alongside of me id ram him into the wall or spin him out. He was super pissed but hey i didn't race to lose haha. Not on purpose anyway hehe.

Josh and his Father, Fred took me to a shooting range where i fired a whole assortment of different kinds of guns (my favorite was the AR15). They all had a blast laughing at me. I shot a 12 gauge shotgun with so much kick to it, it almost knocked me down. Bruised up my shoulder a bit too haha but it was work it for sure. I obliterated some cardboard box targets we set up haha.

We spent time going over my goals and ordering parts as well. They took the time to explain exactly what they thought would be good decisions to make and helped me to understand everything that was going on and made sure i was happy with the choices.

The shop was set up very nicely and was extremely clean. They have 2 lifts (drive on and 2 post lift) and plenty of space and tons of tools to work with. They make sure they have the right tool for the job at all times as i watched them work on a local Saleen car on Monday.

Josh, Kevin and both of their families made me feel like i was their long lost son. They welcomed me into their home and shop. I took a tour of the machine shop which is Josh and Fred's full time jobs and tons of other stuff. Overall i had a blast and Josh and Kevin are completely Stand up and i have absolutely no doubt in my mind of the quality of their work or their dedication to their customers. That is something you don't see much these days. They are complete class acts.

Meeting Larry was also a great experience. His knowledge is immense and accurate. He is like an encyclopedia when it comes to engines, be it modular or old school or lawn mowers haha.

Anyway I jsu want to thank Josh, Kevin, Larry, And their families for everything they have done for me both in the past and what they will be doing for me with this motor/Tranny swap.

I couldn't recommend anyone over PMP for any kind of work you need to have done or Larry to build a motor for you. The personal one on one experience that they offer is unmatched and unsurpassed.

Now i play the waiting game as its the winter, and i told them to take their time and have it ready for me by the spring. This thing is going to be a complete monster!!!

Josh, Kevin, Larry and your familes, This is for you:
:bigbeer: :beer: :bigbeer: :beer: :bigbeer: :beer: :bigbeer: :beer:

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Damn nice post. I always enjoy doing business with Kevin and Josh, they truly are stand up guys. I have not doubt where my car will end up when it's time. And as far as Larry is concerned, well, let's just say our paths have crossed in the not too distant past and I have the utmost respect for him. Cheers to you all... :beer: :beer: :beer:

Kevin@PMP

Reaction score
It was our pleasure Ron. It was nice to finally put a face to the name. Same for you too Larry.

I wish I could have gone shooting Sunday, it's always fun to put a little lead down range to burn off some steam.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
PMP - hosts for mosts!! that good ole' southern hospitality!!

Larry_H

Custom Motors Built
Reaction score
Thanks Ron!!....Josh and Kevin are great guys. They will get my business first!!! I tried to upload some pics, but they are too big...I'll try to resize them and post later

Clay

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
All that you said has been summ'd up in my sig for months. Congrats on the build Ron.

silverGTvert

Boobie inspector
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It was our pleasure Ron. It was nice to finally put a face to the name. Same for you too Larry.

I wish I could have gone shooting Sunday, it's always fun to put a little lead down range to burn off some steam.

Ummmm...........Now if only you can cover that face with a mask, it's just plain scary Just Kidding Bro. :clap: Nice write up. When I ordered my springs/shocks from Josh he absolutely took great care of me. I was impressed when he called to let me know a part was delayed and again after it had shipped he called me to make sure I had got it since I hadn't called him since I was out of town.

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Awesome, so your saying I should bring my guns when I drop off my car! Sounds like you had a great time there Ron. So the next question is WHERE ARE THE PICS?

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sweet, now when do you get the car back?

i do not need the car till the spring time so they have as much time as they want. i dont plan on picking it up anytime soon as i dont want to drive it in inclement weather or snow ect.

Fake_Snake

FAUX GT500
Reaction score
@RON

then dont ever call your car a daily driver damint MAN you play hockey now if you can move your big body on ICE as a goalie.. then why cant you move that soon to be 6-800 hp car on ICEY roads LOL>...... MUAHHUAHH LOL... j/k man

Josh@PMP

Reaction score
As Kevin said thanks for the kind words. It means a lot.

It was a pleasure meeting both you and Larry. Nice to finally meet in person. Now the real fun begins.

And to all those that wonder when it will be done, well thats up to Ron. It will be done when he stops buying stuff to add to the car :)

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sure, Ya, ah, ATF...no it's not full auto... :roflmao:

Actually I find burst and full auto to be a waste of ammo, so I wouldn't want it anyway. Full auto is only good for area suppression really, you actually take out more targets faster one shot at a time.

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
Actually I find burst and full auto to be a waste of ammo, so I wouldn't want it anyway. Full auto is only good for area suppression really, you actually take out more targets faster one shot at a time.

I know. I was just trying to be funny...

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back