Just ordered black 18x10 fr500 +40 for the front and rear.

Razorbed

forum member
Reaction score
4602636820_d1d61aed73.jpg

Damn, your car looks so evil sexy in this pic, congrats. I wish you would stay with the Vogtlands and their drop, theres nothing better. Actually, there are some folks racing them in this forum.

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
So you went with Sumitomo's HTR's up front and Goodyear Eagle F1's outback? That seems a little strange to me. Why did you put two different tread designs on the car? Fitment looks great though.

Ch4r1ie

The Limey Bastard
Reaction score
Because they're different compounds, they'll have different grip characteristics too?? Having said that, with day-to-day driving you would probably not notice the differences.

Last edited:

LuckyH

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah the car will be slammed I want to go about as low as the white one seen on these boards, just with 18's. I might need to get some small spacers in the front (maybe 5-10mm) in order to bring them flush with the fender.

IMG_0863.jpg

Last edited:

06tungstengt

forum member
Reaction score
Cant wait to see this thing slammed. Cant wait to do mine in the spring as well...how long till u get the gc's?

LuckyH

forum member
Reaction score
Cant wait to see this thing slammed. Cant wait to do mine in the spring as well...how long till u get the gc's?

I don't' know if I'll be able to put them on right away. I'm still on stock shocks so I'll have to see what travel I have left when its sitting static. I might have to look into different shocks, don't want to bottom out constantly.

06tungstengt

forum member
Reaction score
I don't' know if I'll be able to put them on right away. I'm still on stock shocks so I'll have to see what travel I have left when its sitting static. I might have to look into different shocks, don't want to bottom out constantly.

Oh damn. If ya gotta replace the shocks anyway, how come you went with the conversion kit instead of say BC Racing Coilovers?

LuckyH

forum member
Reaction score
Oh damn. If ya gotta replace the shocks anyway, how come you went with the conversion kit instead of say BC Racing Coilovers?

I don't know if I will need new shocks. And If I end up going with another shock, GC has sleeves so that I can use koni, bilstein, or tokico shocks. The car never goes to the track so I'm not worried about having the best handling car with the coil overs. I'll probably just keep the vogtland springs. If I ever find myself wanting to go to a track day, I'll probably just use those with a good quality shock.

peetiewonder

Terminator
Reaction score
I don't know if I will need new shocks. And If I end up going with another shock, GC has sleeves so that I can use koni, bilstein, or tokico shocks. The car never goes to the track so I'm not worried about having the best handling car with the coil overs. I'll probably just keep the vogtland springs. If I ever find myself wanting to go to a track day, I'll probably just use those with a good quality shock.

Not trying to hate or anything, just letting you know, the GC sleeves probably wont get you as low as true coilovers. Good luck tho.

06tungstengt

forum member
Reaction score
Sweet cant wait for pics. I thought there was suppose to be a threaded strut sleeve for the fronts. Or is there and you just didnt put it in the pic?

LuckyH

forum member
Reaction score
Hmm...well I'm hoping it will be a bit lower once the spring "settles". Probably a good idea to fill up the gas tank. If not I'll have to see if eibach/ground control offers a shorter spring. I'll probably tackle the fronts tomorrow if not Tuesday.

155509_1476295074411_1444762336_31143936_990162_n.jpg

LuckyH

forum member
Reaction score
Well I found a site that sells all kinds of eibach springs for coilovers. I believe my rears are the 10" springs. I'll probably end up purchasing their 8" springs for the rear. That would allow me 2 more inches of drop. Seeing as how the sleeves are bottomed out as it sits, I'll have plenty of adjustment to raise the car back up. I can't see the car sitting two inches lower, however another inch or inch and a half is feasable.

Here's the site where you can purchase the springs. If anyone knows of any different sites please let me know. Even with purchasing shorter rear springs I'll have still only spent about $550 on the total setup. Not too bad IMO.

http://pitstopusa.com/c-133487-springs-coil-over-springs-eibach-coil-over-springs.html

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back