Just ordered black 18x10 fr500 +40 for the front and rear.

Kona6Stang10

forum member
Reaction score
Same finish as yours, and I got em from CC for $530 shipped!
I'm somewhat nervous bc I've heard mixed reviews......but i'm hoping for the best ya know

Kona6Stang10

forum member
Reaction score
The only problems people seem to have is with the black chrome finish. I've had mine for a while now and no problems.

good good
I'm really glad that I went with a non staggered setup.....I'm not too fond of that look anymore....I like a more linear look.
not to mention staggered setups induce too much push.

stang389

forum member
Reaction score
i got my from cc they do suck but im glad i got the all black ones they just set the car apart from anything ive seen

Kona6Stang10

forum member
Reaction score
i got my from cc they do suck but im glad i got the all black ones they just set the car apart from anything ive seen

The wheels suck or the company lol

And I've not seen a 2010 with 18x10's all the way around in the FR's......so far....I've always loved FR500's though and now I could finally get em!

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So 275/40R18 front and 285/40R18 rear?

If one where to run 45mm offset, would it clear the strut? It looks real close with a 40mm offset.

stang389

forum member
Reaction score
All depends on what strut and company sucks wheels have been good so far

06tungstengt

forum member
Reaction score
Updates:
5274612475_2f8ebab643.jpg

Is that with the front coilovers all the way down?

LuckyH

forum member
Reaction score
Is that with the front coilovers all the way down?

Yes. And that's good because its damn near sitting on the bump stops. I'll need to get new front shocks if I want to go any lower. I'll need something with a shorter overall length, then I can just weld the perch onto the shock where I need to.

tylerxfire

forum member
Reaction score
So 275/40R18 front and 285/40R18 rear?

If one where to run 45mm offset, would it clear the strut? It looks real close with a 40mm offset.

im at stock suspension right now but will be lowering soon..i have roush wheels which are 18x10 on all 4 with offsets of 45 and i have 275/40/18 all the way around with plenty of room for more tire in the back..i will be putting at least 285/40/18 on the back when i lower it

Kona6Stang10

forum member
Reaction score
Got mine test fitted today, the other tires should be here tomorrow.....should get them mounted tomorrow or friday morning!!!

Test fit impressions:

1) Clearance: Perfect! No issues whatsoever, I can fit my hand behind the wheel in between the strut (and I have fat hands lol )
2)Fit and finish: Also Perfect! They look excellent! and fit like they were made for it.
3) The only thing that some may think is bad about them is that you can't run front centercaps. I personally don't mind bc the hub dust cover thing is black and so are the wheels!

I can't wait to get these on tomorrow or friday!

Liftedbronco

Shredder
Reaction score
Yes. And that's good because its damn near sitting on the bump stops. I'll need to get new front shocks if I want to go any lower. I'll need something with a shorter overall length, then I can just weld the perch onto the shock where I need to.

Are they ground control coilovers up front? Between your wanting shorter springs in the rear and wanting more drop up front....have you called their tech line? Ive dealt with them alot regarding my 944 and they are amazingly knowledgeable. In fact theyve sent me parts for close to nothing. Theres alot of stuff they have there thats not on the website. Long story short, they might have a camber plate for you that allows the car to sit lower without you having to change the shock.

Also, for the rear, I hope a shorter coil wont be so short that it pops out at full droop....

LuckyH

forum member
Reaction score
Are they ground control coilovers up front? Between your wanting shorter springs in the rear and wanting more drop up front....have you called their tech line? Ive dealt with them alot regarding my 944 and they are amazingly knowledgeable. In fact theyve sent me parts for close to nothing. Theres alot of stuff they have there thats not on the website. Long story short, they might have a camber plate for you that allows the car to sit lower without you having to change the shock.

Also, for the rear, I hope a shorter coil wont be so short that it pops out at full droop....

Not coilovers, just their conversion kit. I found a website where you can order springs. For instance the rears are 10" springs. I'm going to get 8" springs and adjust it up.

How would a camber plate allow the car to sit lower, not sure i follow.

http://pitstopusa.com/c-133487-springs-coil-over-springs-eibach-coil-over-springs.html

loots06

forum member
Reaction score
I just ordered a set of the FR500's. Im trying to figure out tires. 295, 305, 315. I may go with the 305 40 18....but 315's are nice.

Cobra SS

forum member
Reaction score
The OEM FR500 18x10" wheels clear Brembo's and most other BBKs because the FR500 (and GT500) is equipped with 4-piston Brembos on 14" rotors on the front. No spacers required. If you're buying repro FR500 wheels - just ensure they have the same offset.

OEM FR500 18x10" wheels, who sell's them?

NEMustang

Mad Motorsports Products
Reaction score
I'm not sure on the OEM FR500s, but I want to caution anyone buying the CC FR500s. I purchased four FR500 18x10 and ran 275/35/18s all around. The wheels were (and still are) advertised as fitting the GT500. NOT TRUE!! The 18x10 fit all S197 in the rears and non-Brembo or BBK in the front. Anyone running them with stock front brakes can testify that there is a very small clearance between the caliper and wheel. When I converted to my Brembo setup, the 18x10 didn't fit...wasn't even close!!

I call CC to complain and I am lambasted by a rep that says "why are you trying to mount these on the front?" and treated me like a moron. I explained that many run 18x10 all around and you advertise that these will fit the gt500 Brembo brake system. After getting in a verbal war with the rep about there advertisement being wrong, he indicated that the 18x9 is designed to clear the Brembo.

Anyway, do not buy these if you have the Brembos or plan to add a bbk as they will not fit. I now run Enkei PF01s in all black and have a ton of clearance.

fhlh

Grabber? Don't Know Her!
Reaction score
Wow... Thanks for telling us something we didn't know!

I'm relieved!

Where the pics of the pf01's? ;)

Stang613

forum member
Reaction score
The OEM FR500 18x10" wheels clear Brembo's and most other BBKs because the FR500 (and GT500) is equipped with 4-piston Brembos on 14" rotors on the front. No spacers required. If you're buying repro FR500 wheels - just ensure they have the same offset.

What is the offset for the front for OEM FR500s? Does anyone know?

stang389

forum member
Reaction score
18x9 with a +38 I believe
Rears which are 18x10 +40 do not fit anything but stock brakes not brembos

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back