Kaboom

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
I'm usually the first person to disagree with seer.....I gotta say though I think sometimes a company gets what it deserves. I have been turned off greatly by certain vendors who seem they can't be bothered with cars that aren't going in mags or making 1000hp or have a monster power adder. Lund/ken b are great tuners no doubt but I think customer service is lacking. Going back almost two years I paid for a custom dyno tune by lund which was never right for my measly combination of close to 600whp. I was then sent a tune by them that in Jon's own words was basically fords tune for the 624 whipple kit. So I paided custom dyno tune money for fords standard tune....kind of left a sour taste in my mouth, but I digress. I can see seers point of view n litos/lunds. Now let's see the rebuild.

I wonder how he would know it was Fords tune? Was it snatched off an ecu and recompliled to sct format? Or was he just guessing that it was close?

CPRsm

forum member
Reaction score
To be fair there isn't a single tuner out there with an original tune. They ALL work backwards from Ford. And most from my understanding use Roush, FRPP, and Whipple to work backwards from on boosted cars.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
To be fair there isn't a single tuner out there with an original tune. They ALL work backwards from Ford. And most from my understanding use Roush, FRPP, and Whipple to work backwards from on boosted cars.

:beerchug2:

lito

forum member
Reaction score

No.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

CPRsm

forum member
Reaction score
If you start from blank nomilizers and a zeroed out graphs I stand corrected. I don't. I take a stock tune file and modify from there. How do you do it?

Mike K

WANNA BE FAST
Reaction score
Lund got what they deserved by having their file tampered with.

No matter how pissed off Lund is/was at the OP, they were paid, in full, to do a job. They ignored the OP. I call bullshit on that.

In my opinion...

Lund STOLE his money.
He STOLE their tune.
Justice served.

The end.

I'm with you! :beerchug2:

lito

forum member
Reaction score
You said that most worked out of Roush, Whipple, etc on boosted cars and that is not true. Many had tuned FI cars before any FI calibrations from them appeared or did boosted implementations on cars that never have had any kind of FI from Ford or other high end companies, is obvious you will start from an stock calibration, thinking otherwise is ridiculous as you are working within their template limits and design boundaries, is the efficient way to do it and if one had the time and money to develop a completely new software to run over a copper head or power PC it would cost a serious amount of money and almost completely useless as you can almost do anything with the available tools.

11+ gt500s are particularly complicated because templates available are poor as data logging databases. To make things work they require some extra R&D from the tuner and that is what can get exposed when you distribute the file around.

Actually some Roush, Saleen and Ford FI calibrations are junk.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

CPRsm

forum member
Reaction score
Just because you don't use it doesn't mean many people don't right? Lol
Mostly speaking on the newer cars where there are parameters sct cannot change.
But working w Fords templates I'd still considering working backwards. Splitting hairs maybe, but none the less. Kung fu sets apart the tuners, believe me I get it. But it's not 100% the tuners design as my kit is not 100% mine as I use other peoples parts and r&d (wg, turbo, etc).

Last edited:

cwhit23

forum member
Reaction score
Interesting thread to say the least. Good luck with the rebuild Seer.

Last edited:

BAKnBLK2010

Harley Davidson FLHTCI
Reaction score
Don't all tuners who tune with SCT sign an agreement with SCT that evey tune they build becomes the property of SCT? Maybe I'm wrong but it seems like I read this somewhere.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
To me it's not that surprising the 750 hp on the 5.4 is the old 500 hp limit on the 3v. It is that and nothing else. Good luck with the rebuild. Who will tune the new motor?

That all said, any good tuner would have started from scratch and made the entire tune there self. No matter what was given to them. Jmo

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
To me it's not that surprising the 750 hp on the 5.4 is the old 500 hp limit on the 3v. It is that and nothing else. Good luck with the rebuild. Who will tune the new motor?

That all said, any good tuner would have started from scratch and made the entire tune there self. No matter what was given to them. Jmo

I disagree with your last statement. Yes, Shaun had no problem starting from scratch, but there was no point. It's not like the Lund tune was bad, it was just unfinished/needed tweaked and I did not have the time to start over after being blown off for quite some time.

If anything all Shaun was doing as trying to resolve a bad situation, you can't fault him for that.

GrabberBlue5.0

Gold Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't say that.

Yea I guess, but only because you have managed to mitigate, quite well might I add, the BS that has come flying into your thread. You deserve a pat on the back, seriously, because shit should have hit the fan a few times already.

In all seriousness, good luck with the rebuild, I'm excited to see it happen

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back