Kaboom

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
I disagree with your last statement. Yes, Shaun had no problem starting from scratch, but there was no point. It's not like the Lund tune was bad, it was just unfinished/needed tweaked and I did not have the time to start over after being blown off for quite some time.

If anything all Shaun was doing as trying to resolve a bad situation, you can't fault him for that.

I will agree it was a bad situation that you and Shaun where put in with the LR camp here and I don't fault him (Shaun) at all. Just wish he would have done it all his self and there wouldn't be this issue now. I understand that if you pay for something it should get finished, that is Lunds fault. Bad deal all around IMO. Good luck though.

So who will tune the new motor?

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
I will agree it was a bad situation that you and Shaun where put in with the LR camp here and I don't fault him (Shaun) at all. Just wish he would have done it all his self and there wouldn't be this issue now. I understand that if you pay for something it should get finished, that is Lunds fault. Bad deal all around IMO. Good luck though.

I'm keeping the new tuner under wraps. It is not AED though, as they stated they lack the provisions to convert the fuel system type to return with the new 2011+.

Reason being is, it may have some hiccups at first and I'd like to let them sort those out before saying who it was. I'm very patient with tuners and a know a lot of what goes into their process of calibrating a vehicle.

But just as little glimpse into what I am hoping to accomplish. Essentially 24psi on E85, so hoping to put down over 900 to the ground.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
I'm keeping the new tuner under wraps. It is not AED though, as they stated they lack the provisions to convert the fuel system type to return with the new 2011+.

Reason being is, it may have some hiccups at first and I'd like to let them sort those out before saying who it was. I'm very patient with tuners and a know a lot of what goes into their process of calibrating a vehicle.

But just as little glimpse into what I am hoping to accomplish. Essentially 24psi on E85, so hoping to put down over 900 to the ground.
I can accept that, good luck and I look forward to the update.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score

This is going to be good. You are doing this with the 2.9?

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
You should be able to do it. It's just a guess on my part though. This will be fun to follow.

I thought about doing the 4.0, but I'm running low compression, and most likely stock cams. I believe after reviewing its compressor maps, the 4.0 doesn't seem to wake up until about 25-26psi. Great for a track only car, but I don't think its a good street blower for my needs.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
4.0 makes power at lower boost levels.

Mine at 24# made 967 on a DJ. Now at 20-21 made 775 on a MD and a bit less timing.

white05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score

I'm guessing it won't be Lund:thud:

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
4.0 makes power at lower boost levels.

Mine at 24# made 967 on a DJ. Now at 20-21 made 775 on a MD and a bit less timing.

Compare compressor maps. It's great if you have a higher comp motor at lower boost. My motor is low comp

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
I've not been on the site much lately and didn't know you had a blown motor. Sorry to hear about that brother! Hopefully, your new motor will hold for what you have planned for it.

What are you gonna do suspension wise to account for the heavier engine and blower?

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
I've not been on the site much lately and didn't know you had a blown motor. Sorry to hear about that brother! Hopefully, your new motor will hold for what you have planned for it.

What are you gonna do suspension wise to account for the heavier engine and blower?

Bmr k member and moving the water reservoir into the trunk. Corbeau seats and no rear seats. My entire suspension was worked over prior

Mystickeith50

forum member
Reaction score
Seer, would the 2.9 mate right up to my intercooler that came with my 2.3. In other words is the 2.9 for the gt500 the same for the 5.0.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Seer, would the 2.9 mate right up to my intercooler that came with my 2.3. In other words is the 2.9 for the gt500 the same for the 5.0.

Yes, it would. Thats exactly the same kit that Lethal sells etc. Same lower manifold/intercooler and the GT500 head unit.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back