Koni's are back ON SALE!!!!

Phuck Phace

forum member
Reaction score
I received my parts too (Watts link and Koni Yellows) and got them installed and this thing feels like a whole different car now. The Konis are amazing, glad I ordered them.

Sam Strano

forum member
Reaction score
Sam, all my parts came in.......steeda sports, koni sports, MM plates, thank you!

I will do the install myself and I was wondering if there is anything I need to address other than a straight swap? Bump stops.....or things that may be effected by the geometry changes (Not sure if the small drop is enough to worry about steering). I already have a pan hard bar and lower control arm relocation brackets. I just want to make sure I'm not overlooking anything.

I also wanted to ask your opinion on the factory sway bars. Would I see much benefit in any changes with them?

Thanks for any additional input you might have.

Just put the stuff on.... :)

NealAtTheWheel

forum member
Reaction score
Hey Sam! Heard a TON of excellent stuff about you and your company. I just purchased some Roush/Dub Edition/Eibach Springs (I know... I really wanted the Steeda Sports, but these were on sale for $125!, I couldn't pass that up...) And I was wondering what you would recommend for shocks/struts? And also, would I definitely need new Strut towers? Thank in advance!

Sam Strano

forum member
Reaction score
Well, hey they are Roush/DUB/Eibach, who could pass that up? :)

Seriously, you bought springs I don't know details about... because you can't find the information. I use what I use because I know it. So when you ask me what shocks to use, I'm limited to recommending the best quality part for lowering springs in general, because you have general kind of springs. And that will be what I typically recommend, Koni, probably STR.T's in your case given the less than top of the line springs and seemingly just a cruiser vs. a corner carver. And yes you will need a different set of strut mounts to install them.

Fuerte

forum member
Reaction score
I am looking at picking these up in the next month, before the sale is over, and was curious to what springs you would recommend? I want more function over form but I want to start getting a little stance while still maintaining its function.

Sam Strano

forum member
Reaction score
Ok, depends on the function you want. :) For a street car I normally recommend Steeda Sport or Ultralites.

Morris

forum member
Reaction score
Same here few auto x's a year and a few track days at Infineon. I'll be running 285s on all four, that's why I was asking about sway bars.

As you saw he said just put the stuff on. That stuff was koni sports and steeda sports with maximum motorsports camber plates. As mentioned the rates steeda posts for the springs are not the true rates.
I will be doing the install, first time for me. So any tips others may have, torque specs etc are welcomed.

Morris

forum member
Reaction score
I just put mine on today, wow, big change. I still think I may want to.do the swayes but it turns like its on rails!

bakerjd

Resident Bum
Reaction score
Finally installed my Koni's with steeda sports and other supporting suspension mods and all I can say is WOW! If you are on the edge about this, DO IT!

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
Still on sale?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while riding my Shetland Pony through the pastures of Spain

Fuerte

forum member
Reaction score
Looks like most places are out of stock on rears.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

bhowardb

YellowBlaze
Reaction score
I have a 2011 GT on Eibach Sportlines. I ordered Maximum Motorsports caster/camber plates and cannot seem to find anyone but Eibach who has struts/shocks that will fit without using the GT500 mount. What is the strut/shock combo I need?? Who makes the parts that are designed for this car?????

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
I have a 2011 GT on Eibach Sportlines. I ordered Maximum Motorsports caster/camber plates and cannot seem to find anyone but Eibach who has struts/shocks that will fit without using the GT500 mount. What is the strut/shock combo I need?? Who makes the parts that are designed for this car?????

just buy the mount, or any mount for the 2005-2010 Mustang. No one really put in the effort to redesign their struts/shocks for this minor of a change when all you need to do is swap mounts. Putting on a shock/strut that uses the older style mount will not adversely affect your vehicle's handling etc. It'll work just fine.

bhowardb

YellowBlaze
Reaction score
Really? Then why make the change? And why make a caster camber plate that is made for a 2011 plus?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back