Koni's are back ON SALE!!!!

Sam Strano

forum member
Reaction score
That's right....

Here we go, starting 3/1 and running until 5/31 the big Koni "Shock Value" sale is on. HUGE savings on Koni shocks, and of course any of my handling packages that include Koni shocks are here.

Koni Sports: How's $616/set?????? Normally $781.20

Koni STR.T's: Those are $329.28 a set vs. the normal price of $411 and some change.

I have them in stock, ready to ship.

I will be working 3/1 and most of 3/2 but WILL BE CLOSED 3/3-3/12 (taking the Z06 and going racing, finally). I will do my best to get any orders processed before I leave and any that come in after I go will get done as the first priority when I get back on Tuesday the 13th.

PLEASE NOTE As of this moment I'm having issues with the website and email due to a crashed server. We are working to resolve this as fast as we can. You can always CALL ME. Until the website is working and I can log in and change the prices on the website, it will continue to show the *OLD* pricing. If it's up and running and you want to submit an order before the prices change on the site, that's fine and you will be charged the SALE PRICES when I process the order. Remember I will call you for your payment information, we do no take that online.

sick3v

forum member
Reaction score
really interested in these. I have a question for you sir. I have been thinking of going with a koni and steeda sport spring combo. I know this set up is going to allow for a small drop but thats ok. Im going for ride comfort and a little better handling. maybe autocross is once to twice a year. It is my daily driver. which shock and strut combo would you recommend? the Sports or the STR's? are either adjustable as well? Thank you for you time.

Downs

forum member
Reaction score
STR-Ts are not adjustable the Sports are. From what Sam told me via e-mail the STR-Ts are like Sports set full soft all the time.

Sam Strano

forum member
Reaction score
Here is maybe the most telling thing. Those folks that have Sports don't tend to run them at full soft, or down around where the STR.T's are. Makes sense, since they bought Sports for greater control. But they have the option of running what the like, and like best. And that tends not to be softer.

Having said that, the STR.T's are much better than stock or most other replacements. They do perform better, I know I just like a bit more rebound control so I always run Sports.

sick3v

forum member
Reaction score
Here is maybe the most telling thing. Those folks that have Sports don't tend to run them at full soft, or down around where the STR.T's are. Makes sense, since they bought Sports for greater control. But they have the option of running what the like, and like best. And that tends not to be softer.

Having said that, the STR.T's are much better than stock or most other replacements. They do perform better, I know I just like a bit more rebound control so I always run Sports.

Thats really good to know, do you recommend and other springs other then the sports regardless of the drop that handle decent and are somewhat comfortable? Kinda like the sport springs but alittle lower? I know this is limiting the field but im just making sure in my choice.

thank you for your help

F2Kmech

forum member
Reaction score
Thats really good to know, do you recommend and other springs other then the sports regardless of the drop that handle decent and are somewhat comfortable? Kinda like the sport springs but alittle lower? I know this is limiting the field but im just making sure in my choice.

thank you for your help

I'm running the FRPP 'K' springs with STR.T's I got last year from Sam. The ride is 100 times better than stock and it handles great. The 'K's drop it down lower than sports and FRPP 'P's.

NickJones07GT

Reaction score
Hey Sam,

New on here but thought I would ask your opinion on something. I have k-springs and was going to get d-specs. Are these koni's better in your opinion? I am using my car almost exclusively, though non-competitively for autocross in SM.

Thanks

Sleeper_08

forum member
Reaction score
Hey Sam,

New on here but thought I would ask your opinion on something. I have k-springs and was going to get d-specs. Are these koni's better in your opinion? I am using my car almost exclusively, though non-competitively for autocross in SM.

Thanks

As one of several forum members who have had the D-Specs and switched to Koni Yellows my advice is get the Yellows - especially as they are now on sale!

Hopefully Koni won't run out of them again and they end up being on backorder again for months.

NickJones07GT

Reaction score
As one of several forum members who have had the D-Specs and switched to Koni Yellows my advice is get the Yellows
What made you decide to change? How are the yellows better? Not trying to be smart acre, just asking an honest question. I have heard people swear by the d-specs so I would need a decent reason to switch as I have the d-specs ordered (albeit, on backorder) for right about $500. I don't mind paying a little more, but is it worth it is the question.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
What made you decide to change? How are the yellows better? Not trying to be smart acre, just asking an honest question. I have heard people swear by the d-specs so I would need a decent reason to switch as I have the d-specs ordered (albeit, on backorder) for right about $500. I don't mind paying a little more, but is it worth it is the question.

Koni sports rebound better, and are built better imo. They do not diminish over time as bad as other brands do.

Sleeper_08

forum member
Reaction score
Yes it is worth the money.

The subject has been discussed at length in many previous threads but the short answer is the Koni's are less "harsh" and this is especially noticeable on the street.

There used to be a 1 inch vertical step in the pavement on my way to work and hitting it with the D-specs resulted in a jarring from the rear axle that was very uncomfortable. With the Koni's it was hardly noticeable.

On the track the Koni's have a larger range of adjustment even though their adjuster only rotates about 2 1/4 turns versus the D-Specs 6 turns. I used to track my D-Specs on full hard. Tried that on the Koni's and pitted after 3 laps and set them back to my normal track setting of 1 turn from full hard on the front and 1/2 turn from full hard on the back.

They are also Koni's which for an old guy like me has some nostalgic meaning. :)

NickJones07GT

Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys. Canceled my d-spec order and am placing an order with Sam when he gets back for the yellows.

They are also Koni's which for an old guy like me has some nostalgic meaning. :)
What do you mean, I have been trying to puzzle out what nostalgic value Koni's would have and am at a loss...perhaps 28 is too young.

frank s

at Play
Reaction score
I have a nostalgic set of orange Konis in the garage. Fit a 1972 and up Chevrolet Vega. Adjustable by undoing one end and rotating it. Adjustability was to take up the slack due to wear, but worked to 'stiffen' them.
http://home.roadrunner.com/~fsheff/turn_7_2.htm

Orange Konis were original equipment on the first GT350s, and were remarkable because you could see the top ends of the rear ones from the driver seat.

Sleeper_08

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys. Cancelled my d-spec order and am placing an order with Sam when he gets back for the yellows.

What do you mean, I have been trying to puzzle out what nostalgic value Koni's would have and am at a loss...perhaps 28 is too young.

I'm afraid it is. You need to be someone who was a teenager in the 60s when all of the guys racing sports cars either had or wanted Koni's.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
Nick,
At age 28 I doubt that any of us had any first-hand understanding of nostalgia with respect to cars or their parts either. Yeah, I'm getting up there too.

I pretty much went straight from the OE shocks to Konis on the 1972 Pinto that we bought new. That was my introduction to shock tuning to suit different spring rates, actually.

The way I remember it, you had to be a fairly serious sports car enthusiast to appreciate Konis, and particularly their tuning capabilities. Most of the guys in our age group didn't understand why you'd change out shocks that were still in decent shape unless you were getting 90/10's and Gabriel Hi-Jackers.

Norm

Morris

forum member
Reaction score
Any one who can comment on the frpp K springs vs the steeda ultra lights? I'm going to get the Koni sports but I'm not sure about the springs yet. Suggestions for any others welcome.

I will use the car as a DD 90% of the time but also want to do a little auto x and drag racing. I want as much of a drop as I can get with out a crappy ride. This is why I was leaning to the ultra lights as they are a bit softer than the sports, how ever if I can just dial down the koni's maybe I could go with different spring.

I have not made up my mind on tires yet. I will either run a 295/35/19 on all four or a 295/30/19 which is 1" shorter in profile than stock (more wheel to fender gap). Looking to find the best compromise between looks, ride and performance. Sort of looking to make a jack of all trades.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back