Kooks 2011 Mustang Coyote Headers and Xpipe system!!

Boorail85

forum member
Reaction score
Kooks longtubes are actually closer to a mid length design, makes more power.

is this proven, or just a guess? The kooks/pypes and mac 3v headers are the same design and I have not seen where they make more power than the longtube design from other manufacturers.

Tommygun

forum member
Reaction score
I charge a hour or more extra when installing pypes or bbk

dynatech, kooks, arh, stainless works all fit great, others are hit and miss.

bt1969

Reaction score
Your 100% correct...

If you look at any Header and midpipe combo from Kooks or ARH its around $1500 give or take for a Complete system. The headers are around $800-1000 then the midpipe is another 400-600+....There is nothing wrong with paying this much for quality and a product that works. There are so many benifits to having longtube headers for performance and longevity of your engine. Your reducing cylinder pressure, releasing an extreme amount of heat from the motor, and lowering restriction. The design of the headers, the bends and length of the tubes is where your making power. Alot of companys slap some tubes together and put a "longtube" header out there on the market that fits like shit, was made in china, and costs half as much as a quality system such as Kooks or ARH and then it wont make as much power or torque because of the lack of design and knowledge in building a real performance header. They are out there so if thats what you want then hey.... But personally I would only put one of these two companys exhaust on my car, especially since besides all that they are made in the USA!
If this was the case, then the dyno tests would have already been done as it would be a necessary tuning tool to figure the optimized primary tube length.

What are the gains?

Boorail85

forum member
Reaction score
quality system such as Kooks or ARH and then it wont make as much power or torque because of the lack of design and knowledge in building a real performance header. They are out there so if thats what you want then hey.... But personally I would only put one of these two companys exhaust on my car, especially since besides all that they are made in the USA!

So out of the ARH and Kooks, which is better? You say both have the knowledge of making a realy performance header, but they are much different from each other. ARH being a longtube and Kooks being midlength. I would assume that being the leading manufacturers in headers for performance, that the designs would be close to identical.

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So out of the ARH and Kooks, which is better? You say both have the knowledge of making a realy performance header, but they are much different from each other. ARH being a longtube and Kooks being midlength. I would assume that being the leading manufacturers in headers for performance, that the designs would be close to identical.

We havent tested the ARH headers or really even the Kooks yet. We have a car with the Kooks being fitted right now. We plan to dyno it out tommorow to get it all dialed in!

luillo

forum member
Reaction score
Well, i will like to know some HP number from those two but everybody says they are great and make good power all it comes down is to soung and fitment.

What i mean is that ARH might sound different from Kooks and people will prefer the sound from one brand more than the other one. And for fitment i think Kooks been mid length it might give better clearance on the ground specially for lowered cars.

That is what i am looking right now because 2 to 6 hp difference will not make me choose one brand over the other one. I had Kooks and it bolt right on and i had no clearance issues with it but if ARH are the same i could try those too.

Mach1Marauder

LARGE MEMBER
Reaction score
Hey Trey!

Get those dyno figures up!

We got guys that wanna buy headers!

Don't make me call your Daddy!:thumb2:

The fit and quality of the Kooks and ARH are great bar none. If you had to install them, you'd understand.
As far as some say that these are more expensive that other years, I just quoted a MACH1 guy for 1.75 primaries with 3" collector with a x pipe catted midpipe for $1445 shipped. I don't see these being out of line at all......and I'm dirt CHEAP:thumb2:

luillo

forum member
Reaction score
Hey Trey!

Get those dyno figures up!

We got guys that wanna buy headers!

Don't make me call your Daddy!:thumb2:

The fit and quality of the Kooks and ARH are great bar none. If you had to install them, you'd understand.
As far as some say that these are more expensive that other years, I just quoted a MACH1 guy for 1.75 primaries with 3" collector with a x pipe catted midpipe for $1445 shipped. I don't see these being out of line at all......and I'm dirt CHEAP:thumb2:

i installed my Kooks and i love the way the just fall into place. Tops 1.5 hours.

RetroGT2006

06 S197 Member
Reaction score
I charge a hour or more extra when installing pypes or bbk

dynatech, kooks, arh, stainless works all fit great, others are hit and miss.

Hmm, funny. Mine, along with all of my good friends that have them had a smooth install. Agreed on bbk though, they are a PITA i hear..Having to trim down the steering shaft or something like that?

kahmann

forum member
Reaction score
is this proven, or just a guess? The kooks/pypes and mac 3v headers are the same design and I have not seen where they make more power than the longtube design from other manufacturers.
Yeah, this is proven.
MM&FF ran a head to head comparison of nearly a dozen different long tubes on the S197 a couple of years ago and the Kooks and Mac came out on top by a long shot.

Boorail85

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah, this is proven.
MM&FF ran a head to head comparison of nearly a dozen different long tubes on the S197 a couple of years ago and the Kooks and Mac came out on top by a long shot.

true, but that was on a built engine with a supercharger IIRC. And the mac's are 1 3/4" versus most others that were 1 5/8"

I personally have no experience with midlengths, just longtubes. But, on my 06, I dropped .35 and gained 3mph consistantly with stainless works longtubes and a retune. Before, the car only had a CAI and axlebacks.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back