Kooks exhaust

Apharaoh06

Reaction score
I have a 2007 Gt with Kooks long tubes and green catted x pipe. I am currently running a Magnaflow street exhaust. I do not have any drone.

I am looking to replace it with the Kooks cutback, and am wondering if anyone out there has this complete Kooks exhaust.

Does it Drone?

Tony Conti

Reaction score
I don't have a kooks catback like you're looking for but I've been wanting to switch to the kooks long tube headers with green catted x pipe. I have the bbk long tube headers with the bbk catted x pipe and when I had mine tuned and put on the dyno, my tuner said he was having trouble getting the cats up to temp because of where they're placed (almost under where you're sitting) and because there's not much material in the cat itself. Did you get a P0420 code or have issues with those cats? I would go off road x pipe but I have emissions checked where I'm at.

Zoso

Reaction score
08 Shelby GT here. I have the Kooks long tube headers and high flow cats, Ford mid pipe and Ford performance mufflers. (round Ones). The car also has Ford Hot Rod Cams and, of course, a tune. Car dyno'd at approx 370hp - no drone and no codes.

Apharaoh06

Reaction score
I purchased my car with the Kooks already installed and Magnaflow exhaust. It is stock no tune, but has a tuner. Mechanic tested and all running in normal parameters. I had a damaged catalytic converter, so I replaced it with the Kooks green catted. Still same results over a year no codes and normal parameters.
I have no drone in my exhaust system, just wanted to upgrade to complete the Kooks since it is 304 stainless vs the 409 Magnaflows. And probably save a few pounds off the mufflers.

Last edited:

GlassTop09

Reaction score
I purchased my car with the Kooks already installed and Magnaflow exhaust. It is stock no tune, but has a tuner. Mechanic tested and all running in normal parameters. I had a damaged catalytic converter, so I replaced it with the Kooks green catted. Still same results over a year no codes and normal parameters.
I have no drone in my exhaust system, just wanted to upgrade to complete the Kooks since it is 304 stainless vs the 409 Magnaflows. And probably save a few pounds off the mufflers.
Hi Apharaoh06,
If I may ask, would you be kind enough to provide the PCM's Mode 6 Self Check data on the Kooks Green cats efficiency ratio (Catalyst B1 & B2) under OBDII IM Readiness since you've had these in service for >1 yr? I'd greatly appreciate it.

There is a YouTube video of a guy that had a full Kooks exhaust system (LTH's, catted midpipe & full catback w\ mufflers) installed on his 3V but I couldn't find it again (old video) to help you out w\ your request. If I find it I'll post it for you.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back