Kooks Headers Install

majajh

Reaction score
tune change?

Is a new tune required? The oxygen sensor will still be on there.

sevenleaf

forum member
Reaction score
My O2 sensors reached did not need to be extended. Just some information for someone.

jjordanj

Reaction score
hmm this is getting me thinking JBA long tubes just as easy... u dont need to jack up the engine or any thing crazy like that?

Forward Performance

Reaction score
hmm this is getting me thinking JBA long tubes just as easy... u dont need to jack up the engine or any thing crazy like that?
It is easy. Jack the engine up is not that crazy....you just put a jack under it and pump the jack..:beer:.

I did mine in the drive way for the first time and it only took a couple of :bigbeer: and a couple of hours.

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If you're doing it on jack stands, have plenty of beer at hand. Hell, have plenty of beer at hand either way!!!

Lazy Racer

forum member
Reaction score
If you're doing it on jack stands, have plenty of beer at hand. Hell, have plenty of beer at hand either way!!!
:clap::clap::clap::roflmao:

Takes a long time to get the space but its worth it. I removed dipstick, steering rod, starter motor and engine mounts. As I was on my own, it was easier with all the extra space.

Reaction score
Cool instructions. I am doing a LT install on my friends 4v atm, had to drop the K and all that jazz. When i get a chance im going to look under my 08 and see how hard this will be. I never have been a fan of the whole jacking of the motor thing.

tagle281

forum member
Reaction score
Looks to be alot easier than the install on my 96 gt. I did not want to go through this again but I may have to rethink it. Emissions is the only worry now...

usafimj

Reaction score
I just installed Kooks LT about 2wks ago. I all removed was the starter and motor mount bracket that I was working on. Other than that I just took the top motor mount nut on side I was working on and loosened the opposite side nut to the top but not removed. Had plenty of room

TheJimmy

forum member
Reaction score
i am working on this but am having trouble getting steering shaft loose is there a way to get it to slide off without unbolting the steering rack?

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
I took off the huge bolt on the passenger side, then loosened the drivers side one. With help I was then able to move the shaft over. We used a breaker bar on the huge PIA bolt.

TheJimmy

forum member
Reaction score
are you talking about removing the steering rack bolts off? if so it shouldnt be huge pain it was off 3 months ago when installing BMR K Member

Tylus

Bullitt #6451
Reaction score
thx for the pics man. made installing my LT's much easier. pulled the starter, motor mounts off to get room

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back