Kooks Headers Install

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks go to jjmt, it's his write up, I only used it and posted it. It was a huge help for me as well.

taylor_reid

forum member
Reaction score
Granted I work in a shop with lifts and all the tools, this job really is not that hard at all.

It's funny to see the general public getting nervous about working on their own cars when it comes down to doing more than an oil change. Its like a puzzle guys. Put it back together the same way it came apart. Remembering is the hard part.

Defiance GT

forum member
Reaction score
You can't be afraid to get your hands dirty that's how you learn I'm doing my cams next weekend with my mechanic friend. I'm scared but, when it starts and rumbles (hopefully) I saved my self 600$

Infamous05

forum member
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity I noticed in the write up you put that you jacked up the motor by putting a phone book on your jack and then jacking up the engine that way? Is there a better alternative to raising the engine short of hooking it on a cherry picker? I just don't feel comfortable supporting the weight of my engine by the oil pan.

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
In my case I held the engine up with a jack and a piece of wood on the front edge of the oil pan. I found this to be a better alternative than the bottom of the oil pan.

NjsGT

Back in the game....
Reaction score
while this thread has been brought back from the dead haha anyone know what gauge wire the o2 sensors are? any special type? soild? braid?

lovecheese

forum member
Reaction score
Stupid question but do these still require O2 extendors? I am going to be doing my installation this weekend and wanna make sure I have everything.

lovecheese

forum member
Reaction score
I just read the description of what I bought and the extenders came with it. Thank god... Finding O2 extenders in germany is crazy and $$

Cuttinh

forum member
Reaction score
Raising from the dead again after searching the web and sure enough, you guys have a better guide than anywhere else. Hopefully getting to this next weekend and now feel prepared. Hate to ask, but any better way than jacking the motor up?

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
There's different ways, but I did it this way for the K-Member swap on my driveway as well. Works well.