Leaking STOCK fuel rails; need pronto fix

Dreadknought

HOON MONSTER
Reaction score
Ok so Last time I drove the car was 10:30 last night. Ran fine for having a miss. I start the car today at about 3:30 in the afternoon and 3 seconds later the car stalls. I attempt to start the car for the next minute and are rewarded with nothing but lots of white smoke.
I check the oil, its clean but a little low, so I pull the spark plugs next and the are soaked and reak of gas. Heavily fouled. I wiped them down and checked them just about a month and a half ago.

Here are the pictures of the driver side plugs; passenger side is at least as bad:

P3150090.jpg

P3150091.jpg

P3150089.jpg

P3150088.jpg

P3150087.jpg

I have since changed the oil to check it for contaminants and found nothing, and changed all of the plugs. Car still refuses to start but the smoke is not as bad.
It seems to me that the fuel system is flooding the chambers and preventing a spark. For the life of me I can not figure out what is causeing it to freak out over night. Any thoughts?

bcb06gt

Reaction score
Just a thought here. The fuel pump works on mainting the correct DP across the injector. Since the downstream side of the injector is unchanged and you may have a potential rail pressure drop, then the DP across the injector is not where it should be - most likely low. Fuel pump corrects by trying to pump more fuel to get the pressure up, which is mot needed for the other 7 injectors.

Just a WAG. I can't see one pic while at work.

Dreadknought

HOON MONSTER
Reaction score
That certainly make alot of sense. I'm going to try and take it to the dyno today see if they cant fix some of the issues in my tune.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back