Leaking STOCK fuel rails; need pronto fix

Dreadknought

HOON MONSTER
Reaction score
My number 4 injector is leaking at the fuel rail. I have tryed lubing the orings and installing new orings. Still have a waterfall effect down the sides of the injector. Gonna try a little bit of RTV. MUST GET THIS CAR RUNNING AS IT IS MY DAILY DRIVER. Any ideas would help...

Dreadknought

HOON MONSTER
Reaction score
Well I have spares, but its getting to the point that I've taken the rail of 20+ times trying to fix this. Any ideas if the oring doesn't do the job?

HOLYWD

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
I have a spare set of fuel rails
$40 shipped lmk

Dreadknought

HOON MONSTER
Reaction score
Lol hollywood. I wont have money till tuesday, but I'll let you know then. I believe my injector bucket is bent, so now I have to decide on if I want the bling of a billet one, or can work with a cheap stocker...

HOLYWD

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
I can mail them now if u want n u can pay me later so u can get back on the road
Priority 2 day

bmaxwell

BÆST
Reaction score
Thats nice of you HOLYWD. Good ol Dreadknought would pay up for sure so no worries there!

07VistaChicago

forum member
Reaction score
Make sure the fuel rails snap around the orings, kinda of a detent or something that accepts the orings. Also inspect them, if they weren't lubed a little when installing they could be scored or abraded. Mine were from the previous installer.

DiMora

More Is Better
Reaction score
Make sure the fuel rails snap around the orings, kinda of a detent or something that accepts the orings. Also inspect them, if they weren't lubed a little when installing they could be scored or abraded. Mine were from the previous installer.

Yep. A dab of motor oil on the O-rings before insertion is the way to go.

Simon

forum member
Reaction score
I found that putting too much presure on them when tightening them caused them to leak also.

Good luck.

Vapour Trails

The Renaissance Man
Reaction score
Is #4 the pass. side front-most injector? That one has always given me problems. You can try to space the rail with a washer if the angle change stops the leak.

Dreadknought

HOON MONSTER
Reaction score
number 4 is the passenger side rear most injector. I believe that I may have bent the injector bucket on the fuel rail and its not allowing the oring to seal properly. I will get picks in a few minutes...

Dreadknought

HOON MONSTER
Reaction score
Ok here are the pictures of the rail/injector bucket. Note the angle...
P3140082.jpg

P3140084.jpg

P3140085.jpg

I really want to get some billet rails now just for the bling factor, but there is no way in hell that I'm paying 300 bucks for a kit. Metco and CPR are the only rails that will fit the KB I have planned.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back