lindertw's plain jane '05 GT - 2013 in review

topbliss

Reaction score
BTW- put down some amazing dyno numbers too with so few mods. You gotta factory freak there..:thumb2:

lindertw

forum member
Reaction score
Goes to show you that a proper suspension set up is more valuable then hp mods...
I think being able to put it to the ground efficiently is key. I still have some adjustments to try, and I think there's more in it (above and beyond what the planned weight reduction and skinny front wheels/tires will give).

BTW- put down some amazing dyno numbers too with so few mods. You gotta factory freak there..:thumb2:
or the dyno is showing the wrong correction factor :crazy:

I'd love to have someone that knows how to drive take my car down the track - it'd be nice to have an idea of what it can really do independent of my lack of driving skill :boobies:

s8v4o

forum member
Reaction score
I think being able to put it to the ground efficiently is key. I still have some adjustments to try, and I think there's more in it (above and beyond what the planned weight reduction and skinny front wheels/tires will give).

or the dyno is showing the wrong correction factor :crazy:

I'd love to have someone that knows how to drive take my car down the track - it'd be nice to have an idea of what it can really do independent of my lack of driving skill :boobies:

Not exactly sure what you're looking for. You can easily find out how much HP you're leaving on the table by calculating your HP based off your ET and then from your MPH and then subtracting the two. Your MPH is what the car can do and your ET is what you car is doing.

Your MPH at your given weight = 388.81HP (wallace racing calculators)
Your ET at your given weight = 377.12HP (wallace racing calculators)

That's means you're leaving about 11.69HP on the table. I highly doubt you'll see a big improvement with a better driver. It might be anywhere from 0.05 - 0.10 max reduction.

Last edited:

lindertw

forum member
Reaction score
here's a snapshot of all my runs from this year, not sure how interesting it will be to you all - but it helps me to see what settings work better than others...

2013_race_stats_pic_2_zps73ef6de2.jpg

Last edited:

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Not exactly sure what you're looking for. You can easily find out how much HP you're leaving on the table by calculating your HP based off your ET and then from your MPH and then subtracting the two. Your MPH is what the car can do and your ET is what you car is doing.

That's means you're leaving about 11.69HP on the table. I highly doubt you'll see a big improvement with a better driver. It might be anywhere from 0.05 - 0.10 max reduction.

I must be driving the piss out of my car because according to this I am leaving 7hp on the table.. .:roflmao:

Nice layout of all the times, I use myslips to keep track of my stuff. you're way more detailed though!
I honestly think my car is getting tired, what would cause a loss of power over time? I used to gain 22-23 mph between the 8th and the 1/4 now it's been around 20-21, I mean she's got 75k of hell on her but runs flawless. I just changed the coil packs so will see what that does at the track. (going to an etown rental in march)

Last edited:

lindertw

forum member
Reaction score

but that's the ET/MPH with me driving it; a guy with 19 runs under his belt, doesn't do a proper burnout, probably not the best shifter, has the 85 mile drive home from the track in the back of his mind, etc.

I still think putting a seasoned racer behind the wheel would net better than a 0.10 reduction. I know for darned sure if you plopped me in JPC's turbo car I would not run a 7-second time slip just because the car can :omfg:

I honestly think my car is getting tired, what would cause a loss of power over time?
maybe your car is french?

butIamLeTired.jpg

:roflmao:

Last edited:

s8v4o

forum member
Reaction score
I must be driving the piss out of my car because according to this I am leaving 7hp on the table.. .:roflmao:

Well you're certainly doing better than you used to. I remember when you laughed at me for telling you your car had 12's in it before. That time was based off your MPH. Once you hit 12's I said "I told you so" lol.

but that's the ET/MPH with me driving it; a guy with 19 runs under his belt, doesn't do a proper burnout, probably not the best shifter, has the 85 mile drive home from the track in the back of his mind, etc.

I still think putting a seasoned racer behind the wheel would net better than a 0.10 reduction. I know for darned sure if you plopped me in JPC's turbo car I would not run a 7-second time slip just because the car can :omfg:
:roflmao:

I don't believe your MPH will change much if at all with a better driver but that's just my opinion. Now you driving a 7 second car is an nothing like driving your current setup. I'm sure the more power a vehicle makes the bigger the difference is going to be between a great driver compared to a much lesser one.

Either way congrats on your times man.

Last edited:

lindertw

forum member
Reaction score
flat tire!

after test fitting the wheels and taking a short drive the other day I took them off and put them in the basement for storage. This morning I had to move them to get to something on the shelf and noticed one was flat... Filled it up and put it in the tub to find the leak - blem in the rubber on the sidewall! I noticed a few marks on the tires when they were shipped but didn't really investigate it.

pic 1, pic 2, pic 3

Whatever it is, it was buried within the sidewall rubber. Gotta love Summit Racing - one phone call and I have a return label and another tire is on the way, zero hassles.

5.0 Probie

forum member
Reaction score
Great for Summit, not very good at all for that tire manufacturer... What if it held till you laid into it! BOOM... Is that a fluke or one of those things we have to keep an eye out for?

s8v4o

forum member
Reaction score
flat tire!

after test fitting the wheels and taking a short drive the other day I took them off and put them in the basement for storage. This morning I had to move them to get to something on the shelf and noticed one was flat... Filled it up and put it in the tub to find the leak - blem in the rubber on the sidewall! I noticed a few marks on the tires when they were shipped but didn't really investigate it.

pic 1, pic 2, pic 3

Whatever it is, it was buried within the sidewall rubber. Gotta love Summit Racing - one phone call and I have a return label and another tire is on the way, zero hassles.

Good thing it showed itself like this instead while making a pass and having a blowout of some sort.

lindertw

forum member
Reaction score
Great for Summit, not very good at all for that tire manufacturer... What if it held till you laid into it! BOOM... Is that a fluke or one of those things we have to keep an eye out for?
probably just a fluke, it was some sort of impurity in the rubber.

Good thing it showed itself like this instead while making a pass and having a blowout of some sort.
I know!

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back