LSx into a S197

Docktour Z

McRibber
Reaction score
I have been flirting with the idea of running an LS1 or preferably an LS3 if I could find one cheap. These motors, the LS3, are making 430-450rwhp with I/E. I know it is sans religious for our heritage but dropping 4,500 on an engine that can take 600rwhp, is light, and can make serious power with bolt-ons is a hard option to overlook. Is there a k-member made for the s197 for an LSx swap?

HEMI LOL

The Feast and The Famine
Reaction score
JDM is selling a 2999.95 forged short block. Combined with just about any blower outside of a M90 is 600whp+.

All for cheaper. I'm a LSX fan, but it's for cars without a serious engine option. Modular fords can make plenty of power.

Docktour Z

McRibber
Reaction score
Yeah, but that ~$3,000.00 turns into $~7-8,000.00 when adding a power adder. Plus most people run that combination. Plus this idle is superior to any modular I have run across.

Last edited:

SilentScope

Chemist by profession
Reaction score
ok then do it. Seems like you're already made your mind up and are just looking to argue with people to reassure yourself.

Go ahead, We will sit back and happily watch you do it.

IMO it would be easier to stick with the modular SB option and a blower... easier, cheaper, and everyone and their grandma has experience doing it too.

Docktour Z

McRibber
Reaction score
ok then do it. Seems like you're already made your mind up and are just looking to argue with people to reassure yourself.

Go ahead, We will sit back and happily watch you do it.

IMO it would be easier to stick with the modular SB option and a blower... easier, cheaper, and everyone and their grandma has experience doing it too.
Arguing because I am asking a question if anyone has experience? :thumb:

I say if you are going to do it...Do it big...

Always has been a favorite video, just seems a little more track than street friendly.

stang72

Family of Stangs
Reaction score
Putting a chevy motor in a mustang is like having sex with your sister.It's just wrong!!!!!

gtcs07

Im just kinda here
Reaction score
Wheres the mopar love? Never see anyone dropping a hemi in a s197! Blasphemy i tell you

gaijinR

Reaction score
blasphemy !!!!!!!! Chevy motor into a Ford its just ... :mad:
Stick with a Modular engine , its cheaper to get and you would save a h3ll of alot when modding it .

BMWM3

Always Online
Reaction score
Arguing because I am asking a question if anyone has experience? :thumb:

Always has been a favorite video, just seems a little more track than street friendly.

My shop is currently working on a vette c6 05 looks and sounds just like this one from the back .... its a hellion twin turbo custom kit two 67mm behind bored and stroked block ( if i remember it was 450ish total displacment with the custom heads and cam work) dude ended up putting down over 1100 rwhp on 93. FUCKING SICK when he cranked it up... Then I found out the dude lives in the same neighborhood as me... He knows my car is modded so I avoid going down his street to avoid getting me ass whooping. DOLLAR for DOLLAR and mod for mod he will smoke the shit out of me.

white05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
JDM is selling a 2999.95 forged short block. Combined with just about any blower outside of a M90 is 600whp+.

All for cheaper. I'm a LSX fan, but it's for cars without a serious engine option. Modular fords can make plenty of power.

You suggest a $3k short block and getting a blower to run 600 rwhp which is more than the said short block can handle.

Btw, I say go for it. I don't care what anything is powered by if it's fast.

Torched S197

forum member
Reaction score
LS3s are fast but it don't make any more power and won't run any faster than a 4.6 with a blower! The reason LS3 Vette's run so good is because there so light. Putting the motor in a mustang is not going to make it faster, because you'll have the same weight

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back