Lund Boost Box

Discussion in 'Mustang Chit Chat' started by JG-1, Jan 13, 2019.

1. eighty6gt

eighty6gt forum member

I have a friend, built an EBO X.

It has never ran. He has been harassing the shop to finish it for YEARS. They burned the car once due to screwing up the fuel system.

Learn from my friend:

a) fix it yourself
    b) find a new shop

2. JG-1

JG-1 forum member

Ain’t that the truth!

Well, I finally got ahold of them. Had to message them on Facebook...grrrrr. Anyway, dropping it off Friday.

3. 07 Boss

07 Boss forum member

Wut?

4. RocketcarX

RocketcarX 95% of my weight is fuel

He means atmospheric pressure

5. JG-1

JG-1 forum member

Didn’t bring it to Evo. They are acting like they don’t want to be bothered. Threatening to charge me to fix the issue. Assholes.

I did a datalog for Lund and they said everything looks good and the car is making boost. Now, I have to do a video of the Ngauge while at WOT to send to Lund.

6. JG-1

JG-1 forum member

Question for you guys. Should I be making boost as soon as I hit the pedal? Like a medium roll from 2k to 6k rpm, should the car be making boost? Or only when at WOT?

7. 01yellerCobra

01yellerCobra forum member

You'll have some boost past half throttle I want to say. I know at 3/4 throttle I see 8ish PSI out of my set up. Full throttle gives me the full 12psi. Basically once you go past 0" vacuum you should start seeing boost. Even if it's only 1 or 2 psi.

8. JG-1

JG-1 forum member

I made a video of what I’m seeing on the gauge. In real time it doesn’t appear like the gauge is reading correctly, but if I go frame by frame I can see it reaches 12psi. So I guess it’s working correctly?

9. JG-1

JG-1 forum member

AC33E7A9-838F-4537-B77A-5D886806FEA5.jpeg

10. eighty6gt

eighty6gt forum member

hmm.

11. JG-1

JG-1 forum member

What do you guys think?

12. eighty6gt

eighty6gt forum member

When I'm blasting along in my cruddy 3v, I see 10-11 psi for quite a while thru 3500-6500+ rpm. On a similar digital gauge.

I believe due to that saying "analog1" there's a pressure sensor somewhere in your system and that the reading is not inferred from the fuel pressure sensor.

13. JG-1

JG-1 forum member

And that’s what I would expect to see on mine. According to Matt Honeycutt, from Lund, who designed the boost box, the unit appears to be working as designed without issue. So idk. Seems not right to me but being told it’s right.

14. eighty6gt

eighty6gt forum member

how much are you paying lund these days? They might be hoping you just go away.

Maybe find a lund user forum or someone else who has a "boost box" and determine if they experience the same behavior.

15. JG-1

JG-1 forum member

Exactly.

I’m hoping someone with experience with the nGauge/boost box combo sees this and comments.

I am taking my car early next week to a local Mustang shop for brakes and I might ask them about it while the car is there.

16. 01yellerCobra

This.

That had nothing to do with him saying to throw a cheap mechanical gauge on it.

Did anyone else notice a trend?

17. JG-1

JG-1 forum member

Is the mechanical gauge still warranted being the nGauge showed 12psi?

I’d have to order one as I don’t have one.

18. 01yellerCobra

Honestly, I would just to make sure everything on the blower side is working as it should. If you have an Autozone or O'Reilly's by you they should have a cheap "performance" gauge on the shelf.

19. RocketcarX

RocketcarX 95% of my weight is fuel

I would install the cheap boost gauge in the same port you car using for the Boost Box, this will tell you if location is the issue with your sensor reading. If it shows 3psi then you know you need to move the sensor for the Boost Box