M&H's arrived today

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
Well, I ordered my M&H's today. Fedex tracking says they should be here tomorrow...

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well, I ordered my M&H's today. Fedex tracking says they should be here tomorrow...

I hope ya like em!!!

Though, I'm going with the 275/40/17 ET Street's like you suggested...hopefully I can pull off some mid 8's in the 1/8.....

don_w

Reaction score
Since I'm only going to use them on the street, I think they'll be a bunch better than what I have now. :clap:

don_w

Reaction score
The tires just arrived... only took one day! Props to M&H for fast service!

Now I just need to find some time to get them mounted. I might have time early tomorrow morning, but I'd have to make sure it was done before I need to leave for the track around noon.

andyman

what a mess...
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The tires just arrived... only took one day! Props to M&H for fast service!

Now I just need to find some time to get them mounted. I might have time early tomorrow morning, but I'd have to make sure it was done before I need to leave for the track around noon.

Yeah but you live like right down the road from them. When I order from Lethal Performance I get the stuff next day or two days later.

Ordered my set of 275/50/17 racemasters today, can't wait to get them!

don_w

Reaction score
Yeah but you live like right down the road from them.
True...

My plan is to go first thing in the morning and get them mounted. That way I'll have some time to play with them before I head off to the track at 12pm.

andyman

what a mess...
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Definitely let us know how they run!

don_w

Reaction score
I just got back from getting the M&H's mounted. The verdict? Dramatically better than my Nitto 450s. :clap: They do need to warm up some obviously, but once warm I could feel a big difference. I haven't had a chance to do a lot of dead stop hard launches with them yet, but in situations where the Nittos would just spin through three gears, these M&H's spun a little in first and then seemed to hook up pretty well. Since I'm leaving in an hour or so to go to the track, I'll try to do some more "testing" tomorrow.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Mine spun more when brand new. As soon as I went to the track once and did a couple of good burnouts, they hooked better---on the track and the street.

On the street mine act pretty much the same, some spining in first, but thats it. With my Nitto 555's--the car was hopeless from a dead stop.

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
will these fit the factory 17" rims for 05? i have the upgraded rims

don_w

Reaction score
On the way to the track yesterday, I tried a hard "red light launch" at a remote intersection. Like I said above, there was some spin in first, but they quickly bit and hooked up pretty hard. It was the strongest I have ever felt this car run on the street. :clap: Donna was right behind me in the truck when I did it, and she said the ass end stayed straight (no fishtailing), and it just left a couple black streaks, and then took off.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thats cool--I told you they work good on the street!

I just happened to do the opposite. I have been running my M&H's on the street for a while now, so I decided to go back to the 295/45/18 Nitto 555's to put some miles on those--and save the M&Hs for the track.

Well, anywhere in first gear the car spins totally out of control and goes sideways. I think its actually safer running on the street with DR's!

don_w

Reaction score
I just got back from a little test drive again, but this time with the 12psi pulley on instead of the 10psi pulley I had on yesterday. Pretty much the same results, except it does spin a little longer in 1st gear from a dead stop (plus the tires weren't real warm yet). I also did a 20mph rolling punch, and it just dead hooked and took off. Before, that would just result in serious spin and fishtailing.

I'm convinced... these tires rock on the street! :rock:

don_w

Reaction score
the 325's need to be on atleast a 9" rim. they would look awesome on a 10" rim :)
The sidewall of the tire is just slightly wider than my 9" wheel. It is a very good fit. I almost think a 10" might be too wide... the wheel could stick out farther than the tire.

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
don what are you using in the front for tires with the M&H on the rear?

06TorchVertGT

Reaction score
Don,
What psi were you running with the M&H before the stud broke? Were you able to see if there was any sidewall flex/wrinkle? Just wondering b/c the 325 are fairly tall but don't know how stiff the sidewalls are.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back