M90 with a GT500 TB upgrade question.

Insaneba

Reaction score
I have a Roushcharger M90 on my car, and pieced together a low buck GT500 t body swap. Was wondering if anyone has swapped a GT500 t body onto theirs? I am ordering the Blowby Racing adapter plate kit, but my question is, which rubber boot did you use? The factory Roush boot is too small for the tb, and according to the BBR website, they offer a 4.5-5" silicone adapter, but the 4.5" end is round versus the oval 5" end. Is this going to fix me up? Also, with the much larger blades, did the spacer give enough room for the new t body blades to open up without any issues? Sorry if this has been covered previously, I searched with no luck.

07 Boss

Reaction score
and according to the BBR website, they offer a 4.5-5" silicone adapter, but the 4.5" end is round versus the oval 5" end. Is this going to fix me up? Also, with the much larger blades, did the spacer give enough room for the new t body blades to open up without any issues?

Uhhh, the 'silicone' adapter is flexible. Just takes a little imagination to make a circle into an oval shape.

I'm not sure what you are asking about with the TB blade question. Why would a spacer interfere with their operation? It's got hole(s) in it for the air to flow through, no? It's not a solid piece, it should have bolt holes and a passage for the air to flow through from the TB to the intake plenum.

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
I doubt u will see any hp improvement with the twin 60mm TB...over the stock twin 55 mm. I took the easy way out and installed the FRPP twin 62mm TB. Bought years ago on sale.... plug and play, drops right in. Zero improvement really, even after another tune. What did make a huge improvement was adding LT's. With the bigger TB and LT's then the restrictions are all out.. Then between the 2, then it all comes together.

I use a Roush M90 on my 2010 auto. 5.8 psi boost with oem 73mm pulley. 94 tune.
I have the smaller 2.55" pulley and mating 90mm idler, but never installed them. On my 2010, there is a 'snorkel' that runs from the oem airbox..to front grille. Replaced the oem upper grille with a 7 bar grille. That eliminated the 2 x 90 deg bends into the snorkel. The K+N panel filter had been previously installed. Ok, then its ram air straight into the snorkel. Boost increased slightly whhen on the hwy, and > 50 mph. Slightly > 6 psi.

Last edited:

Insaneba

Reaction score
Uhhh, the 'silicone' adapter is flexible. Just takes a little imagination to make a circle into an oval shape.

I'm not sure what you are asking about with the TB blade question. Why would a spacer interfere with their operation? It's got hole(s) in it for the air to flow through, no? It's not a solid piece, it should have bolt holes and a passage for the air to flow through from the TB to the intake plenum.

I was concerned that the blades would make contact with the m90 intake elbow, but the spacer is machined so that it centers everything. Most swap this t body on a n/a intake, I was just double checking that it would work the same with the m90. As for the silicone coupler, thanks for thinking I'm too simple to bend it lol, I get that. I should have been more specific to ask if anyone has used that particular coupler with the roush cai and the gt500 t body.

Insaneba

Reaction score
I doubt u will see any hp improvement with the twin 60mm TB...over the stock twin 55 mm. I took the easy way out and installed the FRPP twin 62mm TB. Bought years ago on sale.... plug and play, drops right in. Zero improvement really, even after another tune. What did make a huge improvement was adding LT's. With the bigger TB and LT's then the restrictions are all out.. Then between the 2, then it all comes together.

I use a Roush M90 on my 2010 auto. 5.8 psi boost with oem 73mm pulley. 94 tune.
I have the smaller 2.55" pulley and mating 90mm idler, but never installed them. On my 2010, there is a 'snorkel' that runs from the oem airbox..to front grille. Replaced the oem upper grille with a 7 bar grille. That eliminated the 2 x 90 deg bends into the snorkel. The K+N panel filter had been previously installed. Ok, then its ram air straight into the snorkel. Boost increased slightly whhen on the hwy, and > 50 mph. Slightly > 6 psi.

I have the vmp 2.49/90mm pullies on my car with long tubes, h pipe and full exhaust, and the full roush cai. I know it will not show huge gains, and on na cars they have seen around 5-6rwhp according to general consensus with just the t body , I'm just trying to round out the package. And hopefully that little stock motor is happy for some time to come lol

07 Boss

Reaction score
I was concerned that the blades would make contact with the m90 intake elbow, but the spacer is machined so that it centers everything. Most swap this t body on a n/a intake, I was just double checking that it would work the same with the m90. As for the silicone coupler, thanks for thinking I'm too simple to bend it lol, I get that. I should have been more specific to ask if anyone has used that particular coupler with the roush cai and the gt500 t body.

If my memory serves me right the coupler is a really tight fit. You gotta wrestle it on there.

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
A tiny bit of water based lube might help. It will vanish within an hr.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back