Mac longtubes chime in--need pics!

weeloGT

forum member
Reaction score
Well I picked a set of longtubes up from a guy on here and decided to use my xpipe I already have instead of picking his midpipe up or buying a procamber. Question is I have searched on here for pics of folks cutting thier current midpipe and using them and had no luck. Hopefully someone has a pic so I can get a decent understanding of where to measure, cut and weld at before I tear down into this project since this is my dd. So any help/pics will be useful.

1fast05

I wanna go fast
Reaction score
modifying mid-pipe

I don't have any pics but i've done it 2 ways, 1. install the long tubes,cut your current h-pipe right as it turns up to the old manifolds,install the old mid-pipe to the rear and align mufflers to desired preference(a second person make this easier) hold up mid pip too long tubes and measure 1/2" to 3/4" past the end of the long tubes and cut there,rent or take mid pipe to muffler shop and have them expand the end to just barely go over headers,and then go to a parts store and get the walker band style exhaust clamps that fit over both and that should do it 2. same as above but cut just even with the long tube ends and purchase from ford the same clamps used to attach the mid-pipe to the rear portion of the exhaust, Sorry for the book here, I hope it helps

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I installed a set on my buddies car with the pro chamber... didn't customize any h-pipe though..

weeloGT

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah Matt I was thinking of ordering a procamber, had one on my fox body vert, but I like the sound from the x, I guess I'll look and see then if all isn't well I'll just order the pro and reinstall the mac axleback. Bassani wouldn't sound as good with a pro camber I think. I got a TIG welder at work so welding wouldn't be a prob. Guess once installed and I have to order the procamber I could always just drive the wifes car. Haha

AJ

US Muscle, AUS Hustle....
Reaction score
I personally do not like the pro chamber

antonio1988

Redline: 8600rpm
Reaction score
Yeah. Same here! I want either to use my x or buy a h. Hopefully its pretty simple!

Like I told you, it's nothing really that difficult. A local exhaust shop did it for me for $20 just to cut and reweld the flanges, no biggie really

weeloGT

forum member
Reaction score
Sounds good, just making sure cause I started 2nd guessing myself to just buy your whole setup but then I would still need work done to get rid of the m80s. The bassanis are already quiet as they are. Almost reinstalled the macs the other day

antonio1988

Redline: 8600rpm
Reaction score
Sounds good, just making sure cause I started 2nd guessing myself to just buy your whole setup but then I would still need work done to get rid of the m80s. The bassanis are already quiet as they are. Almost reinstalled the macs the other day

Lol no biggie man, just pm me when you're ready, they're boxed up and ready to ship out

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back