Man Without a Country?

jsimmonstx

forum member
Reaction score
Because it is non an auto anymore, lol.

If using a modern clutch pedal that can house a switch, you can wire it there so you can still keep the stock behavior of a manual where you need to depress the clutch to crank it.

Usually you may have an unused brake pedal switch now that you can move there and rewire.

The Tremec appears to have three connectors.

0) One is for speed (driver's side at front of tailshaft housing) - we have that covered

1) The reverse solenoid connection (at back of tailshaft housing)

2) A mystery connection on the passenger side near the front of the transmission. I'm guessing that's for the neutral safety switch?

There's also a harness that connected to the automatic shifter in the console. Can we ignore that, or does it need to be connected to something?

lito

forum member
Reaction score
AFAIK those are not the connector functions, there is no neutral switch, just speedo (which you'll connect to pcm) reverse light (which should work connecting it correctly) and the reverse lockout (that is the rear passenger connector by the shifter). The safety switch, if wanted, the clutch pedal option is the easiest.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

jsimmonstx

forum member
Reaction score
Yesterday:

0) We wired up the transmission and found that the speedo does in fact work. This concludes our OEM instrument cluster stuff. The speedo, tach, and fuel gauge all seem to work.

1) We decided to bypass the sim start feature and ran a wire directly from the ignition switch to the starter relay. We no longer have any starting issues.

Today, we're going to finish up the electrical, fix the water pump, address the exhaust decibel level, and weld the rear slip joint on the drive shaft.

jsimmonstx

forum member
Reaction score
Swap Day 14:

Finished up the electrical (kinda - see item 3 and 4).

0) We don't know why, but we have to jumper the harness (in the trunk) to get the fuel pump to work.

1) Reverse lockout, clutch switch (prevents car from starting without clutch being pressed in), tack, speed, fuel gauge all seem to work

2) Connected AFR gauge and existing analog gauges

3) For some reason, the fan only gives us low-speed rotation. We decided to remove the throttle position sensor, and move to a fan switch/relay kit.

4) The shop guys want to use a NOS WOT switch to turn off the A/C. I think maybe the TPS can be used for that instead. I'm gonna do some research.

After the electrical was done, we decided to start the car again to check out water temp and oil pressure. The good news - 60-70 pounds of oil pressure. The bad news - temp went up to 235 and we shut it off. It doesn't seem like the cooling system is working like it should. Tuesday, they're gonna pull the water pump off to grind down the backing plate screws, and make sure the thermostat is working okay.

crownaviation

http://www.tudyno.com/
Reaction score
I know it is too early for you to really appreciate but would you do it all over again right now at this stage?

I am probably going to drive Lito nuts with this but I have been thinking of going with a big nasty N/A motor too :chairfall:

jsimmonstx

forum member
Reaction score
Well, we removed the water pump, and the shop happened to have a discarded pump, so we removed the backing plate allen-head cap screws, and replaced them with the bolts from the bad pump. Problem soolved. We'll be getting our termal rad fan switch and NOS WOT switch today, and we'll be ready to tune the car. Looking for street duty by Friday/Saturday.

I know it is too early for you to really appreciate but would you do it all over again right now at this stage?

You bet.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
BBF with fuel injection or BBF with forced induction?

I was going to do fuel injection but the Big Stuff 3 with harness was about $3K, so I decided against it.

Also, the ONLY way to build a BBF is to go BIG. Its just too easy not to. Besides with the extra weight, you need the extra cubes to make it worth it.

jsimmonstx

forum member
Reaction score
Test Drive! We drove it about 10 miles this evening (no hood or bumper cover). We should be completely done by Friday, and we're going to a car meet to celebrate. When the car is completely back together, I'll post another video or two or three.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
I've been discussing this with Dysan for long, a BBF FI with the stock PCM.

BBF with fuel injection or BBF with forced induction?

I was going to do fuel injection but the Big Stuff 3 with harness was about $3K, so I decided against it.

Also, the ONLY way to build a BBF is to go BIG. Its just too easy not to. Besides with the extra weight, you need the extra cubes to make it worth it.

^ sorry, meant EFI, but no BS3, stock PCM.
Come on guys!!! Im almost done, dont confuse me, now you guys are going to make me have dreams of a 500 CID, fuel injected, Procharged big block with 20 psi! WTF

Lets keep this build thread on topic guys. :rant:

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
500 cid is small. You can do a 604cid with off the shelf parts, and a 632 with some more expensive parts....lol.

moostang09

Resident YouTube Guy
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Test Drive! We drove it about 10 miles this evening (no hood or bumper cover). We should be completely done by Friday, and we're going to a car meet to celebrate. When the car is completely back together, I'll post another video or two or three.

Congrats man, this build moved along quickly! I bet it is a feeling of huge success to being able to go for that drive and see your hard work pay off.

Well done!

crownaviation

http://www.tudyno.com/
Reaction score

:beer:
500 cid is small. You can do a 604cid with off the shelf parts, and a 632 with some more expensive parts....lol.

:drool::drool::drool:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back