Looks clean well done sir !

Chris,

Not to shabby for a 47,000 mile 08 Bullitt Mustang

DSC03961_zps23a9d24a.jpg

Terry

Jinx

Photography Blogger
Reaction score
Ok I read up some more about these tires. I've been warned by others that these tires have horrible traction and blah blah.."it landed me in a ditch" blah blah.

The funny thing is these same people says the next best tire for the nearest price point in 255/35/20 and 305/35/20 size is the Cooper RS3-S. Oddly enough upon further reading, it looks like they are the same tire. Cooper bought MT in 2003. Rating look the same too.

456b41a7c4d1e174ca03f912a137ea64.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ok I read up some more about these tires. I've been warned by others that these tires have horrible traction and blah blah.."it landed me in a ditch" blah blah.

The funny thing is these same people says the next best tire for the nearest price point in 255/35/20 and 305/35/20 size is the Cooper RS3-S. Oddly enough upon further reading, it looks like they are the same tire. Cooper bought MT in 2003. Rating look the same too.

456b41a7c4d1e174ca03f912a137ea64.jpg

That is correct what you read.
Cooper produces the Street Comp Tires to Mickey Thompson specs.
I have ran the tires for years now with zero negative effects.

I think like anything different guys driving under different conditions are going to have completely different opinions.

I have a brand new set just installed on mine with the M/T SC-5 wheels and their Street Comp tires.

Fronts are the 275/35=20"s and the rears are the 305/35-20" size.

Terry

Jinx

Photography Blogger
Reaction score
I felt better reading the article comparing the RS3-S to the Michelin PSS2. I'm going with the Cooper in the same sizes as yours. It's cheaper much cheaper per set than the MTs.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
I know that I am a little late to the party here, but the new wheels look great on your car!

Now sell me those Boss wheels! :biggrin:

nelsonbullitt

forum member
Reaction score
Terry, as you know, you informed us on IMBOC about these wheels and tires which I purchased in silver.
After a few thousand miles on the MT wheels and tires, I can say they are actually pretty good in the rain, quiet and sticky when you nail it.
A good choice. I like them better than the BFG sport comp-2s. Better at the drag strip, too.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Terry, as you know, you informed us on IMBOC about these wheels and tires which I purchased in silver.
After a few thousand miles on the MT wheels and tires, I can say they are actually pretty good in the rain, quiet and sticky when you nail it.
A good choice. I like them better than the BFG sport comp-2s. Better at the drag strip, too.
Bob,

I have considered changing from them but taken everything into consideration I think they are still an excellent choice.

Of course you actually have gotten to take your Mustang to the rack and do full blown power testing with your's.

And from what you had to say they did okay even at the drag strip.

I do know in the rain I have not had any worries running mine.
I have not had the opportunity to run the new larger sizes in rain however.
But the other ones I had for years and drove in all sorts of bad weather with no worries.

Terry

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back